Golfers want golf rangefinders and hunters, hunting/archery rangefinders. That’s a simple rule! What if you love both sports? Should you then buy separate devices? It’s a good idea. But you can’t deny the potential pain of the cost. How about one device for two sports? Better, of course! Here, one question arises. Do hunting range finders work for golf? Yes, but you need to know something. In this article, I’ll explain the whole point of buying a combination of golf and hunting rangefinder plus the considerable factors.
Read This, First!
Golf rangefinders put the focus on your closest target and acquire its pin from all other background objects. Bushnell has dubbed the mechanism ‘Pinseeker’ while Leupold has introduced ‘Pinhunter’. So, you see the name of this technology varies from brand to brand with the core function being completely identical. On the other hand, rangefinders come in separate variants for archery, target shooting, rifle hunting, etc.
Frankly speaking, choosing from either of the two (hunting and golfing units) isn’t very tricky. But, there’s a lot of technicalities involved as you expect the benefits of both worlds but want to pay for one. Since the purpose of this article is to help you, I’m simplifying the whole thing.
Do Hunting Range Finders Work for Golf?
As I answered above, you need to understand specific factors to get the essence of my reply. In short, a hunting rangefinder works for golf if it meets the following conditions.
1. Target Modes
It’s what makes a big difference.
First Target for golfing…
Distant Target for hunting…
So, you see two different priority modes are designed exclusively for these two sports.
- Hunting rangefinders ignore nearest objects (both animate and inanimate) like trees, animals, bushes, and others. It aims at the distant objects, so hunters find their targets lying at a distance.
- Contrarily, a golf rangefinder ignores any distant object (both animate and inanimate objects) like trees and fellow golfers. It seeks and discovers the nearest pin (object) to help users locate their target.
Therefore, CONDITION #1 is that your rangefinder should incorporate both the distant and nearest target modes.
2. Yardage Calculations
It’s quite a condition that any device, be it for hunting or golfing, should meet.
- Hunting rangefinders need to have reflective properties to offer readings for up to 1000 yards including the target located anywhere within the reflectivity readings.
- However, a decent unit should be able to overcome typical difficulties like a heat mirage, changing weather patterns, presence of non-reflective surfaces, etc. while offering distance readings.
- Golf gadgets offer distance reading for up to 600 yards including anywhere from 150 to 400 yards to the flag.
Therefore, CONDITION #2 dictates that your rangefinder offers reflective readings for at least 600-700 yards.
- 【3 MODES 】This Laser range finder for Target Shooting, and golfing has 3 Modes: Range Mode, golf pinseeker/ flag-lock mode(Slop distance Corretion). speed mode(0-300km/h);
- 【CONTINUOUS SCAN MODE】 :Successive triggering can achieve multiple measurements without interruption.Switch to the selected mode,if continuous measurements is required,long press” Action/ON”button to enter continuous measurement,in this state,the advice will continuously emit lasers and constantly update the results on the LCD;
- 【High Accuracy Rangefinder 】the Rangefinder can measurement 5 to 650 yards and 150 yards to a flag lock. Provides fast measurement( with +/- 1 yard and +/- 0.3°accuracy;
- 【EASY TO USE】Press “ACTION/ON” to start, “MODE” to select modes,press “ACTION/ON”to measure;press”ACTION/ON” & “MODE” at the same time to change “M” or ”Y” ,Hold “ACTION/ON” to CONTINUE measure, Power off in 26s if without any operations;
- 【100% WARRANTY】Provide 2 Years Warranty and Lifetime Technology Supports,30days Refund if you don’t like it,any questions feel free to send us email (amazon_usa at i-topview dot com),We will reply within 24hours.
- THEY DO NOT HAVE BUT WE DO - HITBOX golf rangefinder has many unique features such as wide HD LCD display, data storage, voice and touch keys. You can get a distance reading faster than other rangefinder through eyepiece or LCD display. Turning on voice when golfing can get data easily without thinking. Use touch key through eyepiece when hunting, you can get amazing experience without buttons voice
- MORE MODES TO MEET ALL YOUR NEEDS - HITBOX golf rangefinder comes with 10 modes, including golf (pin-seeker, flag-lock, slope and JOLT technology), scan, speed, distance measuring, two points high measuring, range, volume, angle and all in one mode (measure the distance, the angle, then calculate the high and the horizontal distance)
- SUPER CLEAR VIEW & GREAT ACCURACY - The 6X eyepiece, focus adjustable, brings target into sharper focus.The view of the target is bright and clear. Our rangefinder provides larger field of view, even if wearing glasses or sunglasses, you do not have to jam your face against the eyepiece to see much or the article inside. Provides fast measurement with accuracy ±0.5m. There are three alternative units, meter, yard and feet, of this rangefinder
- DURABLE, EASY TO USE & 100% SAFE - The rangefinder is water-resistant and shock-proof design making it very durable if it falls out your cart or accidentally drooped. Come with nice travel case, wrist strap, clean cloth and user manual. Rubberized body, size fits any hand, super easy to operate through two buttons or two touch keys
- WIDE DIFFERENT APPLICATIONS for THIS SPECIAL TIME - Except an outstanding rangefinder for avid golfer, newbie golfer and hunting enthusiast like usual, and now it's also an excellent choice for home yard outdoor little game toy under this special timing. 6x Clear magnification makes it could be used for single-tube binoculars for kids. Great accuracy, multiple and interesting functions let this rangefinder more valuable than ever
3. Angle Compensatio
Let me tell you why it’s a crucial subject to think about.
Assume that you got your target ranged at roughly 350 yards. But, the reality is the target might not be exactly at 350 yards from your location. The number 350 helps you get how much you need to compensate for the shot, but it doesn’t literally tell you what your shooting angle should be.
Did you ever hear of horizontal distance? It’s the thing that helps the hunter with the aiming process. If the angle and/or distance to the target changes by any means, the actual gap between horizontal distance and the line of sight changes (typically becomes wider than before). Here comes the nicety of an angle-compensating rangefinder.
This leads you to CONDITION #3 that your rangefinder must offer horizontal distance readings and include angle compensation features to help you with golfing and hunting.
Now is the time for some physical properties! Since you’ll be using your device in a wide variety of circumstances and more frequently than once/twice a week, it has to be compact, weatherproof, durable, and able to take the daily wear and tear. In addition, I want to talk about another thing, the display…While many golfers/hunters choose LEDs, I suggest you should pick it with caution.
So, CONDITION #4 is that you choose an LCD display with bright backlight. I know it’s not easy to find such a favorable hybrid. You should be proactive to find one since LEDs might deprive you of clear readings on a thrilling hunt during the darkness of the evening. But, LCDs won’t, plus you can enjoy using the device while playing golf under a sunny sky since there’s the backlight to help you.
I’m Sorry to Say…
A combination of golf and hunting rangefinder might not be able to give you everything that a golf and hunting rangefinder would offer combinedly.
Golf rangefinders, especially the advanced ones offer simple reticles, club suggestions, short distance readings, swing rate measurements, etc. Hunting rangefinders offer ballistic data, extended yardage, advanced reticles, camouflage covers, etc.
In practice, you may not get the most of a separate hunting or golfing rangefinder. However, the cost, diverse technicalities of separate devices, and hassles to carry both devices are the reasons many hunters cum golfers rely on a combination. I hope I’ve made my points clear! Feel free to write to me for further questions or any suggestion!
- The most cost-effective rangefinder you can find on the market to provide you everything you need for golfing, hunting, bowhunting, and other professional application with reliable product quality and after-sales service. Both models have slope function. The physical slope switch is for tournament legal.
- Provide high-precision distance measurement. Integrates latest functions such as continuous range readings, ARC (angle range compensation), Pin-Seeking and Flagpole-Locking Vibration (Vibrate when the flagpole is locked), and Speed Measuring
- Measuring range from 5 to 650 yards, with +/- 1m high accuracy and 6x magnification. The flagpole locking function supports a distance up to 150 yards (Flagpole only) and 250 yards (Aim the flag when it's unfolded). Our rangefinder can meet most user’s needs
- Fully multi-coated optics lenses effectively reduce reflected light and increase the transmission of light giving you a brighter clear image. The diopter is adjustable for precise focus on display
- We are confident in our product and will provide a 1-year warranty. If you meet any quality issue with our product, we’ll directly send a new one or a full refund is optional.
- The Impact 1000 features an intuitive platform with angle compensation; perfect for bowhunters and range-day lovers. Range targets down to five yards out, with the ability to stretch out to 1,000 yards if need be.
- The primary HCD mode displays an angle compensated distance that is ideal for the majority of hunters and shooters. An advanced LOS mode provides the option to calculate long distance, high angle shots with increased precision.
- A scan feature gives continuous range readings to pan across a landscape or track a moving target. All modes can be set to read in yards or meters.
- The diopter located on the eyepiece adjusts for differences in a user's eyes. Added 6x magnification brings targets in for a closer look and more accurate ranging.
- Fully multi-coated optics enhance light transmission in low light settings. Waterproof and shockproof performance keep you in the hunt no matter what the conditions.