Those epic days are gone when the mythical and legendary archers used to pierce the core of the target with just a sound of crushing a twig. They never need to see or calculate the range for several hours before releasing the bow. There was no requirement of archery rangefinders for those skilled archers during the time of medieval archery.
Now, after thousands of years, we are not blessed with that kind of skill anymore, but we are still the same archery zealots right! And the new age archery rangefinders are crafted exclusively for us.
For a second, you can dismiss the whole concept and need of archery rangefinders. Imagine the most looked-for morning of your jungle venture, and you are overexcited to test your archery talent in a real and practical situation. Suddenly an absent-minded wild boar grabbed all your attention. But before you could release the arrow, you became his subject of attention. Right now, you do not have that much time to gauge the distance for the perfect the aim while the dark ambiance is making the mission tougher. Here arises the necessity of the best hunting rangefinders.
Top-rated Hunting Rangefinders : Comparison Chart
|Pick Name||Thumbnail||Product Name||Price|
|Top of the List||Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike||Check Price|
|Advanced Choice||Vortex Optics Ranger Laser Rangefinders||Check Price|
|Budget Buy||Wosports Hunting Rangefinder||Check Price|
|Professionals Choice||Laser Works LW1000PRO Professional-Class Laser Rangefinder||Check Price|
|Best for Entry Level||Simmons 801600 Volt 600 Laser Rangefinder||Check Price|
|6th||Bushnell 202208 Bone Collector Edition 4x Laser Rangefinder||Check Price|
|7th||Bushnell Scout DX 1000 ARC 6 x 21mm Laser Rangefinder||Check Price|
|8th||Bushnell 202442 The Truth ARC 4x20mm Bowhunting Laser Rangefinder||Check Price|
|9th||Leupold RX-650 Micro Laser Rangefinder 120464||Check Price|
|10th||SIG Sauer Kilo850 4x20mm Laser Rangefinder||Check Price|
Top 11 Best Hunting Rangefinders Review
1 TecTecTec ProWild Hunting Rangefinder (Editor Choice)
If you are a speed hunting fan, then TecTecTec ProWild is for you. This rangefinder is known for its accuracy in laser range management. The laser range is within +/- 1 yard up to 500 meters which makes it one of the best rangefinder for long range shooting with guns and bows.
Its magnification is better than contemporary archery rangefinders. Its ultra-clear visual performance helps to have an unfailing and fingertip operation. Scanning is one of the essential features of a rangefinder. And this product has a powerful scanning capacity.
The objective lens of 24mm and 4X magnification makes it the topper of this list. The product is easy to carry because of its lightweight and the comfortable wrist strap. This rangefinder is just 185g, and the measurement is 104/72/41 mm. The body of the item is entirely water and dust proof.
This excellent product is cost effective and durable. You will never regret after buying TecTecTec ProWild Hunting Rangefinder.
- Exclusivity : Speed, Scan and Normal Measurements
- Lens : 24mm
- Magnification : 4X
- Color : Camo
- Model Number : LYSB015FM1ZWY-ELECTRNCS
- Accessories : Case and Lanyard is included. It’s a complete package for fast setup, strap, cleaning cloth, free CR2 battery, carrying pouch and quick guide.
- Warranty : One Year (Free)
- Lightweight and very easy to carry
- The price is reasonable
- It gives an Accurate Scanning
- The item is known for Crystal-clear vision
- The product is entirely water, dust and mud resistant
- It has a multilayer lens
- It can measure angles from a certain height
- Don’t expect the night mode or night view without external light
The TecTecTec ProWild is simply the top hunting rangefinder that can make your every hunting expedition a memorable one. You do not need any additional tool to set up or use this product, and your hand is enough to handle this product and get the best out of it. And the one year warranty proves the manufacturers’ confidence in their product and assures their buyers.
So get rid of all your worries and confusion and grab this high-performing model at only under 200 dollars. This rangefinder performs far better than your speculation and all your expectation and is a good value for money.
2 Vortex Optics Ranger Laser Rangefinders(Advanced Choice)
I am always fanatic about the color Black. And sleek design with the black tint makes the Vortex Optics Ranger Laser Rangefinders even more captivating. This compact gadget is well known for its high capacity, intuitive features, high visibility, elegant design, and tons of other useful features. But we don’t buy what the world says, so we put it to test and see for ourselves.
The range of the devices is 1800 yards, which is impressive and the advanced mode called LOS offers accuracy and precision. It appeared to work with consistency during testing.
The quality of the lens is ok. We’ve found them to be multi-coated, so you get a more refined and well defined view. The rubbered grip has a textured design on it giving you more confidence holding it. It also feels premium in hand.
We found the Laser Rangefinder featuring Horizontal Component Distance (HCD) mode to detect an object in the sloppy area. The Line of Slope mode helps to crunch the distance accurately.
This item is perfect for high angle shots and enhanced precision with richer visibility. Learn how a rangefinder works to achieve optimal accuracy. So stop worrying about missing the desired target during elk, deer, bear, and other hunting expeditions.
- Exclusivity : HCD mode display, improved precision, LOS Mode, Scan Mode, Multi-coated lens.
- Accuracy : +/ 3 yards
- Modes : HCD, LOS, and Scan
- Range : 1,300 Yards
- Model Number : RRF-131
- Batteries : Only 1 Lithium Metal battery is needed
- Accessories : Storage Case
- It is ideal for high angle shots
- The high visibility is helpful for everyone
- It is capable of ranging up to 1300 yards with an accuracy of +/- 3 yards
- It is very lightweight
- The packing is completely compact
- To fix it on a target you need to press the buttons thrice
We know it’s pretty challenging to press the button three times to fix a target but apart from that this seems to be the best laser rangefinder out there. Its high accuracy is the most exclusive feature of this smartly crafted device. So, we wish you all the luck if you are about to buy this product as one of the best hunting rangefinders under $500.
3 Wosports Hunting Rangefinder (Budget Choice)
We know how hard it is to pierce the impenetrable thickets of the jungle to get that most awaited hunt. Do not worry about that anymore because Wosports Hunting Rangefinder is the ultimate solution for this prolonged issue for bow hunters with advanced crossbows and compound bows. Ranging up to 600 yards, this one is one of the best rangefinders for bow hunting has a reputation for having one of the best speed ranging capacity and laser hunting accuracy.
The superb magnification quality of the gadget enlarges the visual appearance of the target and never messes with the precision. Even in the dense and murky forest, the speed ranging laser technology can detect any distant target beyond any obstacle. With an object lens of 22mm, accuracy of +/- 5 yards this best laser rangefinder provides perfect sight of the target.
Its rubber armor protects it from external effects. Another reason which makes it more captivating is its attractive storage, portable size, lightweight, and battery capacity. Moreover, this is the best option under 100 dollars since it’s packed with a few amazing features.
- Exclusivity : Portable, lightweight, weatherproof and reasonable price
- Weight : 8.25 Oz / 220 gm
- Object Lens : 22mm
- Eyepiece size : 16mm
- Pupil Diameter : 3.7mm
- Speed : 20-300km/H
- Distance : 5 to 600 yards
- Accuracy : 5 yards (+/- 5 km)
- Measurement : 127/80/43 mm
- Battery Mode : CR2 3v
- Accessories : Storage Case, wrist strap, microfiber cleaning cloth, and free CR2 3v Battery
- Do not worry about rain because this product is completely waterproof
- You do not need to wait for long, as it is famed for its quick detection feature
- The best thing about this item is that it can detect any moving target with its high-quality motion detection technology
- The product is lightweight which makes it easy to handle
- The article has a reputation for being durable
- After frequent use, the rubber Armor starts falling apart
If you are looking for a budget-friendly, durable and quality rangefinder for hunting or archery, then you can buy the Wosports model without a second thought. Its motion detection technology makes it élite and recommendable among many of the contemporary rangefinders.
4 Laser Works LW1000PRO Professional-Class Laser Rangefinder (Professionals Choice)
The most professional’s favorite and a technologically advanced laser rangefinder is the LaserWorks LW1000PRO. No, we are not saying this out of any biases. The distinct features of this product are the proof of this statement.
Every hunter faces specific issues with fog. Laser Works LW1000PRO’s fog mode facilitates precise targeting that makes it one of the best rangefinders for hunting.
For reflective targets, it can measure up to 1600 yards which is amazing. It has the magnification of 6X. The 70.1 microwatts laser radiant power is comfortable for the human eye.
Apart from being lightweight, this professional choice rangefinder has portable size, horizontal measurement, and continuous scanning enhances its goodwill in every sense.
- Exclusivity : Continuous scanning, Golf trajectory feature, fog mode, height measurement, auto-power off
- Magnification : 6X
- Range : 5-1000 yards, extra 1600 yards for extremely reflective aim
- Weight : 7lb
- Measurement : 4.2/2.9/1.4 inches.
- Battery : CR2
- Unique Feature : Dust and water resistance
- Its size is just like your palm
- The product is entirely water-and dustproof
- If you ask as to suggest a handy and technologically advanced product, then we will instantly recommend this one without much thinking
- Its radiance power is only 70.1μW. So it won’t to harm you
- The continuous scanning helps you to detect the target correctly
- The plastic case is not that much durable
- The auto shut off after 15 seconds of inactivity can be problematic for a few users
If you are a professional archer or hunter, then you already understood the mastery of the manufacturers of this professional rangefinder. The specifications of Laser Works LW1000PRO Professional-Class Laser Rangefinder are convincing enough and does not need our recommendation at all.
5 Best for Entry Level: Simmons 801600 Volt 600 Laser Rangefinder
So, you are in a tight budget and search of a well-functioning rangefinder! Well then keep reading about this beautiful gadget called Simmons 801600 Volt 600 Laser Rangefinder. You will get all the essential functions in this convenient rangefinder.
The 9-volt battery is enough for your short weekend expedition. And this rangefinder is skilled in detecting the target quickly than many other co-existing ones. The LCD visual display provides a clear view of the area ahead.
Be it accuracy or budget, the Simmons 801600 Volt 600 Laser Rangefinder is unbeatable. The 4X magnification, 20mm lens with 600 yards ranging capacity, this rangefinder is the best deal if you are seeking a short range rangefinder with tilt intelligence technology.
- Exclusivity : Budget-friendly, portable, Uncluttered LCD
- Range : 600 yards
- Magnification : 4X
- Lens : 20mm
- Accuracy : +/- 1 yards
- Battery Mode : 9 Volt
- Weight : 7.7 oz
- Measurement : 1.9/3.6/ 4.2 inches
- Accessories : Case and user manual
- You will get a clear vision because of the LCD
- This product is epitome for budget buying with essential functions
- It has an improved ergonomics.
- Due to the lack of complicated technical features, it is effortless to use
- The product is lightweight
- If you need dust or water resistant rangefinder, then this one is not for you
- There is no battery with it
- Simmons 4×20 Rangefinder is not the right choice for low light archery or hunting
Yes, we know that this has some lack, but we can assure that considering the price, you will avail benefits if you buy this one. We have already mentioned the drawbacks and tried to give you a clear understanding of its usability and limitations.
So, if you are just at the beginning phase of hunting, then Simmons 801600 Volt 600 Laser Rangefinder can be the best deal for you.
6 Bushnell 202208 Bone Collector Edition 4x Laser Rangefinder
A hunting fanatic will seize the product just after getting a single view of this product. The smart and compact design is preordained to amaze everyone. In spite of its feather-like lightweight Bushnell 202208 Bone Collector Edition 4x Laser Rangefinder does not look like a mere plastic model. This product is an accurate example of the best portable rangefinder for hunting because you really can carry it in your pocket.
This laser rangefinder has a 21mm lens with 4X magnification, capable enough to deliver accuracy of +/-1 yard. The camo look of the tool provides perfect camouflage for forest settings and military purposes. It features a lighted display making it suitable for night-time. The waterproof body is ideal for any weather.
This is one of the smallest rangefinders with a rugged casing that is rainproof and operates smoothly in extreme humid conditions.
- Exclusivity : Easy to carry, sturdy look, highly accurate, one button operation
- Weight : Less than 10 ounce
- Color : Camo
- Distance : 200-300 yards
- Resistance : Water
- Accuracy : +/- 1 yard
- Battery Mode : 9 Volt
- Accessories : Case
- It is effortless to carry because of its extreme light weight
- You can easily switch between the meter and yards
- Enjoy hunting in the rain with this rangefinder because it is rainproof
- The camo color blends well with surroundings
- This rangefinder has the illuminated LCD
- The range is less than other existing archery rangefinders
- The 9-volt battery can die at the time of your best aim ever
When it comes to Bushnell, a natural trust instantly starts working in our heart. Bushnell 202208 Bone Collector Edition 4x Laser Rangefinder may have some issues, but it depends on your need and purpose. If you are in search of one of an easy to use, tactical, and compact rangefinders, then pick it without any hesitation.
7 Bushnell Scout DX 1000 ARC 6 x 21mm Laser Rangefinder
This one is another masterpiece from Bushnell lovers. If you hunt with both guns and crossbows and badly in need of an upgrade for your rifle rangefinder that will be sleek and smart packed with advanced features like E.S.P (Extreme Speed Precision), VSI (Variable Sight-in Feature), and also featuring a crossbow mode, look no further, Bushnell Scout DX 1000 ARC will have you covered.
This smart and deadly sight is dust, water and even bullet-proof with well insulated rubber-armored body, so if you are out in the wild with pouring rain, or in an open battle field, there’s nothing to worry about.
We found the VSI technology ensuring multiple sight-in, for example, you get interchangeable scan, brush and bullseye mode.
It also fit our pre-installed magnetic attachment kit, so, no matter how many doors we had, it could snugly fit.
The 6 times magnification capacity was fantastic, we made the most precise shots with such a compact range finder.
- Magnification : 6X
- Range : 5 to 1000 yds.
- Ranging Performance (Tree) : 650 yds
- Ranging Performance (Deer) : 325 yds
- Accuracy of the Rangefinder : 0.5 yards
- Weight : 187 gm
- Battery : CR2 3-Volt (incl.)
- High-end technology i.e. ESP and VSI
- Crossbow and Rifle modes (2 in 1)
- 100% Water and dustproof
- Crystal viewing ensured by adjustment diopter
- Absolutely bullet-proof
- Struggles to pick dark targets
Bushnell kept its promise once again. We found this DX 1000 model performing effectively in all weather conditions. The view is superb with excellent color renditions. We expect they deliver with a better packaging case. Despite that, we highly recommend this model for your readers who are looking for a high-end range finder.
8 Bushnell 202442 The Truth ARC 4x20mm Bowhunting Laser Rangefinder
Another Bushnell wonder is 202442 Bow hunting 4x20mm Laser Rangefinder with Angle Range Compensation (ARC) technology. This is one of the most accurate and lightweight rangefinders that can be the best buy of a hunter due to its clear shot and light gathering capacity.
Bushnell wonder is 202442 The Truth ARC 4x20mm Bow hunting Laser Rangefinder has a 20mm objective lens with a magnification of 4X which is far better than many other rangefinders. The 850 yards ranging capacity and the zooming feature is really helpful to get the target. The optics are multi-coated, and the tool can gather better light due to its high-quality LCD display.
The rangefinder is very easy to use, and because of its clear shot facility, you can entirely rely on this best hunting rangefinder. With a single button mode, this rangefinder is easy to use. The CR2 battery is a long-lasting source of power.
- Exclusivity : High Accuracy, competitive price, precise shot, Bluetooth wireless connection, bullseye, Zooming
- Weight : 12 ounce
- Battery : CR2
- Display : LCD
- Range : 850 yards
- Magnification : 4X
- Accessories : Storage Case
- The Clear Shot technology helps the hunter to see beyond all the obstacles
- The product is easy to handle
- The Bullseye technology is an additional feature that smoothens the entire process
- This rangefinder is durable as well
- The product is not waterproof or mist proof
- Bushnell 202442 The Truth ARC 4x20mm Bowhunting Laser Rangefinder is not at all a right choice for night adventures. This one does not perform well in low light
The clear shot technology is a significant feature which assures its position among the top ten laser rangefinders. And the trusted Bushnell tag ensures its durability and longevity.
Bushnell 202442 The Truth ARC 4x20mm Bowhunting Laser Rangefinder may have a few loopholes, but its other great features easily grab all the attention. So do not brood over the ‘yes’ and ‘no’ factors and enjoy your hunting with this super easy and accurate laser rangefinder.
9 Leupold RX-650 Micro Laser Rangefinder 120464
The Leupold RX-650 Micro Laser Monocular Rangefinder 120464 is unique, well-built and compact. The beauty of this less complicated handheld rangefinder is that even a novice can handle it with ease. The product includes CR2 lithium battery to get you started. The lanyard is also carefully made to carry it properly.
The LCD provides précised measurement, and the 6X magnification helps to track the game accurately. Being lightweight, it’s the perfect companion for any kind of hunting expedition. With the objective lens of 20mm, this laser rangefinder can deliver the perfect image of the target.
The usual range is 650 yards, but surprisingly it can cover up to 750 yards. It has the capability of detecting small animals too. The range finder has two different modes, and those are the scan mode and single-range mode. The multicoated lens provides excellent light gathering facility and perfect precision.
- Exclusivity : Portable, waterproof, multicoated lens and quick adjustment
- Magnification : 6X
- Range : 650 yards
- Weight : 10.4 ounce
- Item Model Number : LP120464-BRK
- Objective Lens : 20mm
- Battery Mode : CR2 lithium
- Accessories : Carrying Case, and battery
- The compact design and great grip help the hunter to get their game
- Technological features like the multi-coated lens, quick adjustment and precision make this item unique
- The product is completely waterproof
- The product is lightweight
- This laser rangefinder does not offer a dioptre adjustment facility
Finding out the drawback of this product was a challenging task for us. It has everything you need. Be it a simple but essential rubber Armor or the fascinating multi-coated lens; the item is a production of a well thought and technologically advanced making. The fast focus eye-piece with the quick adjustment is the essential quality of a top-rated archery rangefinder. And The Leupold RX-650 Micro Laser Rangefinder 120464 will never disappoint you based on these features.
10 SIG Sauer Kilo850 4x20mm Laser Rangefinder
Nikon does not need any introduction. Few names are enough to convince any people on earth, and Nikon is one of those few names. Nikon is almost synonymous to advance technology. So, Nikon 16224 Arrow ID 3000 Bow Hunting Laser Rangefinder’s advanced technology is nothing new.
The cutting-edge ID or incline/decline technology is used in this particular laser rangefinder which makes it one of the best rangefinder for bow hunting. This ID technology helps to gauge the target at any angle. It has the multicoated lens of 20mm with fixed magnification 4X. The single button mode makes it more user-friendly.
The Nikon rangefinder’s eye-relief is a blessing for all. If you are a hunter with glasses, then you definitely know the importance of an eye-relief. Nikon 16224 Arrow ID 3000 Bow hunting Laser Rangefinder has 4X magnification capacity, with the true-target technology, 20.5 mm eye-relief, and 600 yards range capacity. You can use Nikon Prostaff550 for accurate 550 yards with 6x magnification.
- Exclusivity : True-target technology, Id technology, slope measurement
- Range 5: -600 yards
- Magnification : 4X
- Lens : 20mm
- Eye Relief : 20.5 mm
- Display : LCD
- Auto-shut off : 8 sec inactivity
- Mode : single button
- Mode : single button
- Weight : 4.8 ounce
- The true target technology helps you to target at your desired range
- ID technology is beneficial in the hilly area
- The eye relief take care of your eyes while hunting
- It does not come with a case
Tech Savvies know the importance of advanced technologies. We carry rangefinders to get the best out of our expeditions so picking the advanced one is always a right and well-thought decision. The superb ID and true-target technology is the secret behind the exclusivity of this rangefinders.
So stop brooding over the features and trust your gut feeling which says Nikon can never disappoint you and go for it.
11 SIG Sauer Kilo850 4x20mm Laser Rangefinder
If you are a pro hunter, then you do not need an intro for Sig Sauer. Just like the Bushnell, Sig Sauer also has a never fading reputation for making quality products. SIG Sauer Kilo850 4x20mm Laser Rangefinder will never make you regret if you buy this affordable and user-friendly rangefinder.
With the object lens of 20mm and magnification of 4X, this laser rangefinder provides a crystal clear vision of the game. Another attractive fact about this gadget is its quick response time. It takes 25 seconds only to respond. It has the reflection capacity up to 1200 yards which is pretty good. The exit pupil is of 5mm.
The built-in inclinometer of SIG Sauer Kilo850 4x20mm Laser Rangefinder allows the hunters and archers to measure the angles, elevation, and slopes, making it one of the best ballistic rangefinders. Another exclusive feature of this item is its eye-relief which is of 24mm so if you use glasses then not to worry about the well-being of your eyes anymore and get the experience of best hunting range finder.
- Exclusivity : Built-in Inclinometer, 24mm Eye-Relief,
- Range : 100 yards
- Reticle : Not illuminated
- Object Lens : 20 mm
- Range Response time : 25 sec
- Exit Pupil : 5 mm
- Reflective up to : 1200 yards
- Weight : 5 Oz
- Measurement : 76/99/33 mm
- Accessories : Storage Case and Lanyard
- It is one of the most budget-friendly rangefinders for advancing your hobby
- Your eyes will not be unhappy because of its eye-relief technology
- The built-in inclinometer helps on high altitude and sloppy landscapes
- The product is light to carry
- This rangefinder is not recommended for using at night, as it does not have illumined reticle
- The product’s object lens is not very good quality, but you can consider that because of its price
SIG Sauer Kilo850 4x20mm Laser Rangefinder is perfect for hobby or amateurish use. It is suitable for beginners as well. So if you are learning the hunting tricks or accompanying your Dad or trying your hands on archery, then you can get this super affordable and user-friendly rangefinder.
Just give it a try before reaching any conclusion about this one of the most bought item. If you are searching for a tool just to watch things from a long distance, buy a quality long range scope. That will cost less than these rangefinders.
Rangefinders and Their Uses
I know you already have a clear notion about the differences between mere binoculars and rangefinders and I’m sure that you are pondering what might be the best rangefinder for hunting. Before purchasing an accurate archery rangefinder that provides sub-millimeter measurements with great precision, an intense understanding of the types and uses of archery rangefinders is required.
A rangefinder not only gets associated with hunting, but is also linked with many more activities like golf, navigation, land surveying, and ballistics. Cherry-picking the dead-on gadget is a bit fiddly and need some fundamental concepts. Here, we are trying to elucidate almost all the specifications you need to know about archery rangefinders.
The uses of the earliest version of rangefinders were exclusively allied with cameras only. With time and technological advancement, rangefinders stepped outside the photography-specific practices. Right now rangefinders are an essential tool for land surveying, tactical purposes, 3-D modeling of objects, forestry, sports, and a few navigation systems.
According to science, our human eyes have some curbs. Rangefinders helps us to perceive afar that edge. A long distance rangefinder covers a vast distance and even can sense an entity far away.
Few cutting-edge rangefinders can capture almost a near infinite vista at once with its powerful lenses. Rangefinders push us to behold the world with its limitlessness.
Best Hunting Rangefinders for Hunter – Buying Guide
If you intimately understand the main focus areas of a standard archery rangefinder and you know why you need it, then picking the best archery rangefinder is not at all tricky or challenging. But you cannot discard the necessity of initial research on this topic. We already know about the different types of Rangefinders and what their usages are.
Now we need to understand the precise specifications of a rangefinder, the things we should check before electing the best one for us. The requirement keeps changing from man to man. If I need the best cheap archery rangefinder for my primary need, maybe you are scrolling for the best range finders for bow hunting. There are numerous rangefinders for sale, choosing the right one is the main challenge. Whatever the requirements are, a few things we must consider before buying the bow hunting rangefinder.
1. Budget & Quality
Every consumer wants a budget-friendly product. But only being reasonable is not enough to prove that any product is the best. Archery Rangefinders with arc can be of any price but the quality of the lens, detection capacity and range is as important as the price.
On the other hand, an expensive product cannot assure better quality. You may spend more but still get nothing. You should not look for the cheapest rangefinders nor only the expensive ones. So your focus should be on buying quality rangefinder at an affordable price.
- Range: To simply put the distance, laser beam crosses and reflects from the target. But the presence of water and dust in the air, heat waves, etc. also play a vital role. So choosing a gadget with a better range is always the best idea.
- Angle Compensation: Enquire about the angle compensation feature of the rangefinder before buying it. It is way more important than it seems as it helps you locate your target accurately.
- Magnification: I know manufacturers always says, “you will get X enlarged view of a target. But remember that heat waves, mists and other natural factors may deceive your optical power.
- Lens: If you have already gulped down till this line then you already know the role of a lens in an archery rangefinder. A high-quality lens is one of the major deciding factors of a good or average rangefinder for bow hunting
3. Size & Ease of Use
You have to choose the lightweight and an easy to carry rangefinders for archery for your hunting excursion. No one wants a hazardous or burdensome product to take. Always go for a compact and portable one.
I do not think you want to buy any temporary product which will last for 6-7 months. Those are hard-earned money right! So longevity is a significant factor. Before purchasing any product, check whether the manufacturer is providing warranty or not.
5. Power Source
Power Source is one of the most important factors and the component of a good rangefinder for bow hunting. Remember, you are going to use these rangefinders in extreme settings so forget about a charging point or electric source to power up your gadget. So the best idea is to buy hunting rangefinder with good quality and rechargeable battery.
6. Scan & Horizontal Modes
A rangefinder with quality scanning capacity allows the hunter or archer to target and detect multiple objects at a time.
Horizontal mode is essential when you are using the rangefinder in mountain terrain. This particular mode is based on the basic principles of Trigonometry and can detect any aim at downhill or uphill.
Almost every laser rangefinder has a reticle that’s a targeting point you perceive when seeing through your rangefinder. Many come with an LCD display that you can use to fix on a target but LCD reticles are useless in low light conditions. Looking for an illuminating reticle is a good idea.
Generally, archery rangefinders come with at least one year warranty. Assurance builds an unexplainable trust between the consumer and the manufacturer.
By accessories, we mean, cleaning clothes, wrist wraps, carrying storages and sometimes the rubber guard for the rangefinder. These are the necessary tools you will need for a quality rangefinder. These accessories will protect your rangefinder from any physical harm.
Different Types of Rangefinders
Just like the variety of usages, there are diverse types of Archery Rangefinders as well. Different technologies are the mainstay for different sorts of hunting rangefinders. Though the list can be a bit lengthy, according to the different technology, there are three noticeable rangefinders. These rangefinders serve other purposes as well. The three types are:
1. Laser Rangefinders
Laser Rangefinders are the most commonly known rangefinders. A top-notch laser rangefinder uses the Laser technology in association with time of flight, triangulation and other technologies to sense an object at an expanse.
The exactness of determination of the target depends on the upsurge and drop of the laser pulse. But this instrument is that the beam naturally spread over a vast distance due to the presence of air bubbles in the air and may cause range error. In fact, it’s a significant issue.
2. Optical Rangefinders
Sometimes people become confused between optical rangefinders and coincidence rangefinder. But the fact is coincidence rangefinders are a particular type of optical rangefinder. Optical rangefinders allow the user to fathom the distance to a specific tangible object.
Another type of optical rangefinder is the stereoscopic rangefinder. This particular type of rangefinder comes with two pieces of lenses. It usually fuses two different images into a single picture.
3. Ultrasonic Rangefinders
If you are a movie buff like me, you have seen Ultrasonic Rangefinders in many movies. This type is ideal for navigation and detecting objects at a distance through sound frequency. Mariners usually use this Ultrasonic rangefinder to identify an object far away under the water level.
Getting the Most Out of Your Rangefinder
Even the best archer on earth can miss the target if he misjudges the distance. So having the enthusiasm and skill is not going to save you the wild boar of your nightmare. You will feel helpless even with your mighty bow and arrow without a proper functioning laser rangefinder. So remember few things to get the most out of your archery rangefinder and hunting expedition. These are:
- Practice with the tool and learn everything about its modes, usages, buttons, and features
- Handle it with care if you want a long lasting rangefinder
- Get a deep understanding of your surroundings, landmarks and unavoidable obstacles
- Understand the functioning of the device; i.e, its range, limitations, motion sensors, angle capturing feature and night mode
- Do not ignore the right old gut-feeling and trust any gadget blindly. There is no bravery award for taking dumb decisions during an emergency. Your safety is more important than any of your thrilling adventures
A Word from RangerExpert
So, after going through our hunting rangefinders review, we hope you will be able to make up your mind quite easily. The market is full of best, good, average and poor kind of rangefinders but decide after thinking about your purpose and features as mentioned above. I always prefer a compact one, but that doesn’t mean that my brother will like the same.
No model from reputed brands like Primos Hunting, INLIFE, AILINK, OGL, Visionking, Huepar, Kotso, and Muddy couldn’t make it to our final list since they failed to match our benchamark.
Hope you are no more asking yourself this question – “What rangefinder should I buy?” We have tried our level best to mention all the necessary features, facts and figures to help you understand and buy the best rangefinder for hunting. Now you can quickly pick the right one for you. Determining the best rangefinder can multiply your overall hunting experience. So go and get the best. Happy hunting!
Q: What is the best rangefinder for hunting?
Ans: Our veteran marksmen and gunsmiths conducted extensive market research and tests on a series of top-of-the-line hunting rangefinders. We put TecTecTec ProWild, Vortex Optics Ranger, Wosports Hunting Rangefinder, Laser Works LW1000PRO Professional-Class Laser Rangefinder, Simmons 801600 and Bushnell 202208 Bone Collector Edition on top of our list because of their quality and performance. Check our full reviews on them.
Q: What is the best cheap rangefinder?
Ans: Check out Wosports Hunting Rangefinder and Simmons 801600 if you want the highest level of performance from a budget device. We’ve tested both and were impressed by their performance and quality.
Q: Can I use a golf rangefinder for hunting?
Ans: Affirmative. Single rangefinders with lasers can be used for both hunting and golfing. The menu options for such devices have all the required settings and configurations that can equally perform in both sports.
Q: Do Snipers use rangefinders?
Ans: Yes, snipers have been using rangefinders in order to attain precision and accuracy of their aiming and spotting target distances fast. The military uses rangefinders as part of their essential gear.