As an archer with a passion for the game, I always set up proper draw lengths for longer power strokes. Talking about power and draw length of a bow, nothing compares to a compound bow. You will feel the power and accuracy as soon as you grab one. Not only can you make accurate shots with these amazing weapons, but you can also feel the joy of playing around with these high-precision technological beauties.
These bows house a whole new level of technical improvements in archery mechanics, including different draw-stroke profiles and the highest level shooting range. Surprisingly, there are not many elaborate reviews on these bows I could find online.
So, the Ranger Expert team buckled up for gathering every piece of information there is to write a detailed review of the best compound bows currently on sale. Here, we attempted to answer all of your queries regarding this archery gear so you can easily make the right choice for yourself.
Top Compound Bows for the Money: Comparison Chart
|Pick Name||Thumbnail||Product Name||Price|
|Our Top Compound Bow||Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro||Check Price|
|Also Great||The Bear Archery Cruzer G2||Check Price|
|Beginner’s Choice||Genesis Original Bow||Check Price|
|Our Multipurpose Pick||Leader Accessories Compound Bow||Check Price|
|Great Value for Money||Southland Archery Supply (SAS) Rage 30-inch||Check Price|
|For Deer Hunting||Bear Archery BR33 Hybrid Cam||Check Price|
|7th||RAPTOR Compound Hunting Bow Kit||Check Price|
|8th||Diamond Archery 2016 Edge SB-1 Bow||Check Price|
|9th||The Siege SAS Compound Bow||Check Price|
|10th||Get the Quest Radical Right Hand Package||Check Price|
Why Read Our Reviews
Archery is not just a killing or sporting skill, it’s an art that demands perfection and like any other form of art, it stands honed on the base of knowledge and excels with technology. The Ranger Expert team inherits the love for archery from the pristine tradition of our forefathers. We are not here to make a fortune out of something we are not passionate about, instead, we aim to keep ourselves updated in this field and very much like to share our knowledge with the rest of the world.
Our team of experts has been in the field of bowhunting for a good amount of time and some of them are professional archers. Our expertise in archery has developed over extensive bowhunting activities with a variety of compound and traditional bows. We keep track of the ever-expanding technology used in compound bow manufacturing. Our experience and knowledge endow us with this compelling urge to share what we know so all archery enthusiasts can make a better buying decision.
Nevertheless, we at Ranger Expert do not discriminate between homemade and factory-made products, we rather value technological manipulation adapted for finer shooting experience. There’s no way we are associated with any brand or manufacturers, for that matter, you can find our elaborate research result here. Hopefully, our refined and authentic suggestions will help you make a wiser buying decision.
How We Reviewed These Products
Our quest for some of the most sophisticated compound bows of all time has been put together after a lot of research. We are confident about the quality of the bows we recommend for you. This is the very reason our test team undertakes field evaluations and community-based usage to determine the important factors behind these products. This is why popular models do not always come at the top of our list, but the true gems do.
Initially, we sort out the top most popular units after extensive online research. We make a list of top 20 bow models with the most advanced features. The second part of our quest for the top list starts with the practical usage of the products. Our Ranger Expert team uses the listed models first hand to understand their functionality better. They evaluate and scrutinize each testing unit based on certain categories and make a point chart for all the items.
Usually, it takes two to three weeks of testing for each model across different environments, applied for both 3D archery and target archery. After testing each unit with care we jot down the data for a final evaluation. We often conduct interviews with archery experts and trainers for their personal opinions on different products and features.
It is through a rigorous process of filtering and comparing we finally come up with the top ten list. Our aim is to keep you informed so that you can use the knowledge when you plan to buy yourself a suitable model.
Best Compound Bow for Bowhunter: Top 10 Reviews
Here comes the list of our top 10 products that are highly recommended if you are looking for a compound bow. Check it out!
1 Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro (Our Top Compound Bow)
We have found and tested our top picks according to the factors that are ideal for new shooters, and archers with intermediate skills. With a weight of fewer than 6 lbs, Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro is affordable compared to other products. It fits your gaming and hunting needs regardless of your skill level.
It has an extended draw length that’s ideal for longer draw archers. This high-quality bow is versatile and has a sturdy construction. Its draw length has an extension of 31 inches, and a cam system design that ensures a smooth draw cycle.
You can achieve low noise and vibration with its string silencers. There’s a built-in 5-inch ultra-lite octane stabilizer for balance.
This model also comes in a wide range of draw weights. With an amazing draw weight of 50 pounds, the bow has low recoil and comfortable to carry.
- Multi shooter bow
- Deadlock lite octane quiver,
- Infinite draw setting with an elastic feature
- Comfort wrist sling
- 3-Pin tundra sight
- BCY string loop
- Solid back wall
- The octane stabilizer helps you achieve effective shots at targets
- It’s great for entry level users (as low as 10 years old) and those with intermediate archery skills
- Unlike vintage models, this modern model comes with a wide range of adjustability ( from 5 lbs to 70 lbs)
- The default configuration has poor measurements, and you’ll need to adjust according to your specification
- It doesn’t come with a complete set of accessories apart from basic starting accessories.
The Infinite Edge Pro is a powerful compact utility bow that offers consistent shooting across a wide range. It’s smooth handling is the reason we placed it on top of the list for new and intermediate users. It offers an adjustable draw weight that ensures impressive overall performance and strength. The Infinite Edge Pro is simply a great choice for the money because of its extraordinary performance in making you a better archer. It will make your practice draws easy and prevent serious injuries.
2 The Bear Archery Cruzer G2 (Also Great)
Here’s another great model from our top picks for left handed shooters. This product has EnduraFiber Limbs that offers accurate shots, and lethal controlled power. It’s meant for you if you desire to purchase a brand that supports RTH (Ready to Hunt) functions.
The Bear Archery Cruzer G2 has a 30-inch axle to axle length, and it’s for different purposes. If you plan to use this model for hunting and archery, you can adjust the draw length range from 12 to 30 inches. The pulley (cam system) offers maximum versatility with greater mechanical advantage.
It’s ergonomically enhanced with an advanced grip design, and no hand torque issue to guarantee greater accuracy while taking shots. These features increase the user-friendliness of the bow. After getting the Bear Archery Cruzer G2 and adjusting it to your preference, you should be ready to hunt and take accurate aims at targets.
- It has superior craftsmanship of maximum versatility for all ages and skill levels
- Buy, set, and get ready to hunt
- Six trophy ridge accessories
- Adjustable draw length range from 12 to 30 inches
- Draw weight that’s suitable for medium-framed users (at most 70 lbs)
- The maximum shot range of 315 feet per second
- Without using a bow press, you can adjust the draw length by using DIY (do-it-yourself) techniques with an Allen wrench
- It’s one of the lightest models with sturdy construction and weighs only 3 pounds
- It comes with basic accessories like a four-pin sight, a micro nock loop, Whisker Biscuit, peep sight, a 5-arrow quiver, stabilizer, and sling
- If you need a compound bow with a pull weight of 20lbs or under, it’s better to consider one with a bolt that goes through the limb. It might not give the desired performance when setting at a pull weight of 20lbs.
The super lightweight Cruzer G2 shoots very fast at a range of 315 feet per second. It’s fitted with the RockStops offset string suppressor to reduce noise and vibration. It fits all ages and skill levels and offers to draw weight adjustments of between 5 to 70 pounds. As a starter, this product will bring you confidence while practicing with archery target. More so, it’s aesthetically covered with a camouflage skin to give stealth covers from animals in the moment of hunting as you make accurate aims.
3 Genesis Original Bow (Beginner’s Choice)
Are you looking for compound bows to use in school for archery competitions? The Genesis Original Bow’s design fits beginners and intermediate archers because of its light draw weight. This is the official bow of the National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP).
It has ergonomic features of aluminum material and allows adjustments as the user grows and develops his skills. Children of all ages with athletic abilities will find the Genesis Original Bow useful. It is also safe for young users because of its less recoil, and single-cam technology.
Other features include; cable guard, high-strength bowstrings, zero let-off design, and an idler wheel. The manufacturer includes a 3/16″ hex wrench to adjust the bow’s draw weight.
- Single-cam technology
- A sturdy aluminum construction
- Specifically made for beginners and Intermediate archers
- It has a standard draw weight of 20 lbs that you can adjust to 10 lbs
- The axle-to-axle measurement is 35.5 inches
- Kids with a passion for archery can adjust this bow as they grow and develops their skills
- It comes with a category 6061-T6 aluminum riser and sturdy composite limbs that ensure durability
- The Genesis Original Bow is all you get after purchase; there’s no accessory except a 3/16″ hex wrench
- Only for archery, not for hunting
This is the best compound bow for beginners that doesn’t have large poundage. It helps you achieve target shootings, practice, and develop your skills. The lightweight bow’s draw length is suitable for the juniors too. If you are a beginner in archery make sure you do not miss it.
4 Leader Accessories Compound Bow
If you are looking for multipurpose bows, our recommendation is the Leader Accessories Compound Bow. Its let-off measurement is between 75 to 80%, and the axle to axle length is 31.5 inches. With a lightweight of 7.7lbs, this archery and hunting equipment has a maximum speed of 310 (feet per second) fps.
The hand orientation of this bow is made for right-handed. More so, the bow has adjustable draw weight and draw length of between 50 to 70 lbs, and 25 to 31 inches respectively. You’ll find the bow pulling smoothly while practicing outdoor aims at targets.
This archery package comes with a collection of basic accessories that includes; combo 5-pin bow sight, aluminum riser, arrow rest, peep sight, stabilizer, Allen wrench, and braided bow sling.
- Right-hand orientation:
- 50 to 70 lbs adjustable draw weight
- 25 to 31 inches adjustable draw length
- 310 feet per second (FPS) maximum speed for arrows
- 75% to 80% Let-off value
- The axle to axle measurement is 31.5 inches
- Adjusting the draw length with an Allen key is very easy. At a full draw length of 31 inches, the Leader Accessories is ideal for all users that are above 6 feet
- This product can be used with 30inches carbon and aluminum arrows respectively
- At 310 feet per second (fps), it’s not advisable for beginner archers to practice with this bow because they might not be able to control the speed. Get guidance from a professional archer if you are new to the game. Thereafter, you can overlook the level of speed because the Leader Accessories offers great accuracy
The fit and finish of this model are quite impressive, and users don’t need a bow press to enhance the performance. However, the bow was well-balanced during the test and improved my shot. Its combo 5-pin bow sight is clear and improves the accuracy of the shot. Veterans and old archers know the mechanics of arrow flight and will find this feature helpful when visibility of the atmosphere is poor during hunts. As a top of the listed products, the Leader Accessories model has an adjustable draw length of between 25 to 31 inches.
5 Southland Archery Supply (SAS) Rage 30-inch
The Southland Archery Supply (SAS) Rage is among our top picks for new shooters that plan to develop their archery and hunting skills. With a net weight of 4.4 lbs, the SAS Rage’s sturdy construction gives has a high quality and ensures durability.
It’s metallic bow riser, and compressed ABS limb design (semi triangle) gives it a distinct appeal. While testing the SAS Rage, our specialists pulled the bow’s string at 70 lbs of force and launched an arrow to confirm the 270 feet per second maximum speed.
You can adjust the draw weight by loosening or tightening the bolt with an Allen key decreasing the draw weight to set a value of between 55 to 70 lbs. More so, the bow’s pivoting limb pockets are rigid; they can help you achieve an impressive shot accuracy.
- Axle to Axle measurement of 35 inches
- Durable Compressed ABS limbs
- A maximum Speed of 270 feet per second (FPS)
- A comfortable Net weight of 4.4 lbs
- 25 to 31 inches of the draw length range
- 55 to 70 lbs of draw weight
- The bow has a let-off value of 70%
- When set at a 30-inch draw length, the bowstring releases outstanding performance with accurate shots
- It layered limb is strong, and can comfortably suit its maximum draw weight of 70 lbs.
- The SAS accessories are sold separately, and the package might not include a stabilizer. However, you can purchase compatible arrow rests and sights to enhance the accuracy of your shots
The SAS Rage has a waffle look because of the cutouts in the bow’s angular riser. The manufacturer recommends the use of either a 30-inch carbon or aluminum arrow with this model. A bow that offers the flexibility of adjustable to set it according to specification is all you need to make quick and ethical judgments. If you are looking forward to sharpening your hunting skills, this bow offers great maneuverability.
6 Bear Archery BR33 Hybrid Cam
I’ll recommend one of our top picks if you are ready to hunt immediately after purchasing. It’s the hunt-ready Bear Archery BR33 Hybrid Cam. The package comes with a ready to hunt (RTH) trophy ridge accessories that include; a nock loop, a stabilizer, and the Whisker Biscuit.
While hunting in the wilds, the camouflage body of the Bear Archery BR33 Hybrid Cam gives a stealth appearance. This ergonomic increases your maneuverability and prevents animals from noticing the weapon.
The bow is aesthetically beautiful; it has VersaGrip attachment that eliminates hand torque. At 330 feet per second, the bow offers deadly shots like the speed of light.
- An axle-axle measurement of 34-one-quarter inches is impressive
- An adjustable draw length range of between 27 to 32 inches
- Draw weight of between 55 to 70 lbs.
- Hybrid Cam System
- Ready to hunt feature with Trophy Ridge accessories
- You can enjoy a smooth draw cycle comfortably with this Bear Archery BR33 model. The hybrid cam system optimizes speed and efficiency
- It has a 7″ brace height
- It’s a lightweight bow of 4.2 lbs that has loads of fanciful features
- The Bear Archery BR33 is one of the most sophisticated compound bows. However, price point makes the model a bit expensive for many.
BR33 made its way into our top list because it has loads of features and it’s one of the fastest. Apart from its deadly-fast 330 feet per second speed, it has a pair of quad limbs that help it perform higher. Archers that are veterans might need a compound bow that offers rapid arrow velocity. Everything about this best hunting bow changes your perspective; it’s smooth feel, and hybrid cam will provide unique experiences for right-handed archers.
7 RAPTOR Compound Hunting Bow Kit
As one of our top-of-the-range models, the RAPTOR flaunts a good amount of features. It will be a disservice to professional archers and hunters not to include this product as our top ten compound bows.
Being one of the most accurate bows of the field, it has built-in features like the 5 pins lighted sight and biscuit rest. Grab a blindfold, take a shot with this bow and share your experience.
With breathtaking arrow speeds of 315 feet per second (FPS), this craft displays how it feels to own a special bow. The RAPTOR compound hunting bow features a split yoke tuning system that ensures proper arrow flight and precise adjustments. Its draw weight is adjustable from 30 to70 lbs, while the draw length is between 24.5 to 31 inches.
- A split yoke tuning system
- 30-inch axle to axle length
- A lightweight of 3.6 lbs
- Complete accessories include; a 5 pin sight with light and level, stabilizer, Whisker biscuit style rest, peep sight and pre-installed loops.
- The compound design of this bow has a let-off value of 75%
- Its riser and cams have complete aluminum coverings
- It offers a smooth pulling, swift shooting, and versatility
- You’ll not find a built-in ready to hunt (RTH) trophy ridge accessories with this package. However, you can purchase the accessory separately
You don’t need a bow press after buying this product. It’s because, within a few minutes, you can adjust the RAPTOR’s draw weight from 30 to 70 lbs. It’s an ideal archery kit that adults and youth can use for hunting, target, and bow fishing. With the built-in split yoke tuning system, achieving smooth arrow flight and precise adjustment will not a challenge. This is a great deal if you are looking for a lightweight bow that’s easy to assemble, and adjustable.
8 Diamond Archery 2016 Edge SB-1 Bow
This product has been included in our category of top picks if you are not satisfied with a bow but need a complete archery package. The Edge SB-1 is an extremely versatile package with functionality and adjustability.
A hunting bow that has a Deadlock Lite Octane quiver, arrow rest, stabilizer, and basic 3-pin sight with peep-sight is an excellent deal for the money. The SB-1 offers a blazing arrow speed of 318 feet per second. With this intense downrange power, the smooth shooting bow gives archers an amazing field experience.
Unlike other bows, it has a synchronized binary cam system that enhances shots on targets. This binary cam system is maintenance-free and makes the model very durable.
- 25 to 75 lbs draw weight
- Synchronized Binary Cam system
- Arrow speed of 318 feet per second
- Lightweight of 3.2 lbs
- The Edge SB-1 Bow saves cost because it comes with essential accessories
- Except for the peep-sight, this bow comes fully assembled after purchase and doesn’t need much setup
- The draw length and draw weight measurements can be adjusted from 15 to 30 inches, and 7 to 70 lbs respectively
- This product comes with a basic 3-pin sight with a peep that might need to be upgraded for enhanced vision. The IQ retina lock sights is a better accessory that gives a clearer vision for accurate shots
The Edge SB-1 bow’s smooth draw cycle convinced our experts that while using this product, beginner and expert archers will take pleasant shots. Its bow string offers smooth release upon drawing and sends speedy shots of arrows traveling at 318 feet per second. With a synchronized binary cam system that’s easy to maintain, the rotating modules can also be adjusted. More so owning this Diamond Archery bow package is advantageous because the kit comes with essential accessories. If you have a tight budget, it’s wiser to purchase a hunting package that comes with cutting edge innovation.
9 The Siege SAS Compound Bow
It’s not every archer that can afford top of the line compound bows and hunting gears. The Siege SAS is made for shooters that desire improvements in their archery skills.
It’s cost-effective to own a bow that doesn’t have fanciful features. However, it comes with a strong piece of the limb with a maximum draw weight of 55 lbs.
This bow features an axle to axle dimension of 41.5 inches and a 29-inch draw length. Our experts recommend bows with arrow flights of 206 feet per second (FPS) for adult beginners and archers that have intermediate skills.
- Maximum Speed: 206 FPS
- Adjustable Bow Sight.
- Draw Length: 29 inches
- Axle to Axle: 41.5 inches
- Draw Weight: 40 to 55 lbs
- Let-off value: 70%
- Recommended Arrow: 30-inch Aluminum and Carbon
- Compressed ABS limbs for durability
- Apart from the instruction manual, the Siege SAS Compound Bow comes with a paper target that makes practice sessions easy
- It has a solid back wall and amazing fit and finish
- The bow is ideal for adults to hunt, and you can use carbon fiber arrows with it
- The lightweight 4 lbs bow has a right-hand orientation design
- The Siege SAS compound bow is a simple tool that doesn’t include loads of fancy features
Investing a modest sum of money on a bow with rigid tolerances for enhanced accuracy might fit your tight budget. However, you can overlook the 206 feet per second (FPS) speed and save money for accessories. With this product, the manufacturer of the Siege SAS Compound Bow makes hunting affordable for adults. Unlike other cheap compound bows, it is uniquely shaped with some cutouts in the bow’s riser. This customized feature gives it a stylish appeal and qualifies the bow to be among our top picks for you.
10 Get the Quest Radical Right Hand Package
Our tester recommends the Quest Radical compound bow for those that choose to combine performance with the bow’s impressive handling. Some of this item’s features include; a brace height of 7.125 inches, adjustable draw length and draw weight of between 17.5 to 30 inches, and 15 to 70lbs respectively.
As one of our tops of the line bows, the Quest Radical has more accuracy and gives better shots. It’s ideal for men with large frames, and younger adults.
While assessing this product during the field test, we arrived at a speed of 295 feet per second (FPS). With an axle to axle dimension of 29.25 inches, the lightweight (3.25 lbs) bow is convenient to carry while hunting. The Quest Radical has a right-hand orientation and a kit with essential hunting accessories.
- Adjustable draw length with a range of 17.5 to 30 inches
- Adjustable draw weight with a range of 15 to 70 lbs
- Axle to Axle: 29.25 inches
- Arrow Speed: 295fps
- Brace Height: 7.125 inches
- This bow has a cam system that needs no bow press because it’s easily adjustable
- It comes with a kit of accessories that includes; a string suppressor, halo rest, 6-arrow G5 head-lock quiver, and stabilizer. Other accessories are the meta peep, a wrist sling, and a tool-less 4-pin sight device
- Its dual cams system might offer wider adjustment ranges, but maintaining proper shooting quality requires high maintenance from the user
With maximum poundage of 70lbs and its short axle length, the Quest Radical compound bow falls into the category of beginners and expert archers. This model has enhanced ergonomics features like the tool-less 4-pin sights that are far better than the fiber optic technology found in Bernett Tomcat. When you consider the list of accessories that comes with the Quest Radical bow, it’s sure a deal-breaker. Our team of experts recommends this product because it comes with a quiver to hold your arrows, and rubber stabilizer to reduce noise and vibration.
Best Compound Bow for Hunting – Buying Guide
How do you know a great bow? It doesn’t matter whether you intend to hunt a deer or take part in archery. Increasing the longevity of bows depends on these necessary factors I have listed below.
1. Accuracy & speed
The arrow speed of a compound bow correlates with the bow’s strength. Apart from the arrow’s weight, the accuracy and speed of arrows help you take a good aim at targets.
2. Fit & finish
When considering the quality of bows, the ‘fit and finish’ factor helps to show its degree of flawlessness and durability. Some models come with machine marks and burrs. However, you’ll find features of embossed grip, dampeners, and angular risers on decent bows with high quality. These bows come with a variety of colors including black, green camouflage, pink, red, purple, silver, blue, etc. and often with a combination.
3. Axle-to-axle length
Before you buy your bow, consider the axle-to-axle length. The measurement is in inches; it’s the space between the cam axles on both limbs. Usually, compound bows have 30 and 38 inches measurements for short and long products respectively. This part of the bow makes accurate shots easier, especially when it’s taken from blind spots or thick vegetations while hunting. The axle-to-axle length factor also helps maneuverability with shorter bows while hunting animals.
4. Cam design
The cam design on the tips of the bow’s limbs is a pulley system with a high mechanical advantage. You’ll find that when the bow’s string is drawn, it rotates the outer cam, and manipulates the draw weight forces. Compound bows have better efficiencies than crossbows because their eccentric cams make arrows shoot with better accuracy through a flatter arc.
- Dual Cams: When two symmetrical elliptical cams are present on both ends of the bow, they synchronize to form a dual (twin) cam system. The synchronization (timing) allows both cams to turn at the same time. Without synchronization, the arrow’s nock will shoot inaccurately; in an erratic manner. To maintain the shooting quality of bows with dual cams, you’ll need to apply proper maintenance. The dual cam system has wider adjustment ranges; they give accurate shots and impressive nock travel. However, models with twin cams have tendencies for increased noise.
- Hybrid Cams: If you find two asymmetrically elliptical cams on a bow, it’s a hybrid cam system. This system’s component has a major string, control cable, and a single split-harness. The benefit of using hybrid cams is that it has low maintenance. Hybrid cam bows also give fast, noiseless, nock and liner travel for shots. The top cam is for control, while the bottom cam acts as the power cam. Hybrid cam systems must be correctly timed to enjoy the bow’s performance and overall efficiency.
- Binary Cams: Binary Cam consists of a twin-cam system with three grooves, and ‘cam-to-cam’ control cables that’s able to self-correcting the system. The binary cam system doesn’t use any split-harness control cable. Instead, it’s maintenance-free, one of the fast and offers level nock travel for arrows.
5. Limb design (Parallel vs. Pre-loaded)
Before the evolution of parallel limb designs, compound bows had ‘D’ shapes. When limbs move at angles perpendicular to the bow’s riser, they have equal inertia. The concept of parallel limbs makes users experience zero recoils. When you draw the bow’s string, the orientation of its parallel limbs assumes a horizontal level.
The parallel limbs can also assume the shape of an arc and trigger bow’s limb tips in a vertical movement. The orientation of a pre-loaded limb design is in a vertical position. When the bow’s cables and string exert pressure on pre-loaded limbs, they form distinct arcs. The build material of the limb is of sturdy metal or a combination of metals although some designs include wooden frames.
After letting-off the bow’s string, it releases the potential energy in the bow’s upper and lower limbs. This action also triggers the reduction of recoil felt in the riser. The parallel limb model comes with a complete reflex riser design; this style is its major difference from the pre-loaded design.
6. Noise & vibration
I believe there were times when you couldn’t get your bow to full draw because the noise and vibration of your arrow rest scare the animal you tried to hunt. Adding mini limb-savers to bow limbs and accessories can reduce vibrations and noise. Attaching string leeches to bowstrings also reduces noise. However, most compound bow models come with a string suppression system for the same purpose.
In the selection process we had to drop a few products from our final top 10 list, they would definitely be there if we made a top 20 or 30 list. We worked with some other renowned brands including PSE (builder of the heaviest compound bows with famous models including Brute Force, Evolve 35, Brute X RTS, Stinger 3G RTS, Stinger EXT, Bow Madness Epix, Xpedite, Xpression 3D, Mach X NX, Shootdown, Dominator, Mach Flite 4, Supra Focus, Beast Pro series, Polaris Graphite, Whitetail Madness, etc.), Martin Archery (famous for their Pantera line, Mossy Oak Eliminator HT, Lynx Magnum, Firecat Pro), Mathews (famous for their Mission Craze line), Barnett (Popular youth choice Tomcat), Ben Pearson Archery (noteworthy model Spoiler), Apex Hunting, Win & Win Black, MILAEM (famous for Ambidextrous Compound Bow designs), Parker, Horton, BowTech (popular models include Fuel, Carbon Rose, Prodigy, RPM360, Guardian, Allegiance), Browning, Darton Archery, High Country, Obsession Bow, Mandarin Duck, Proline Archery, Hoyt Archery (popular model XT2000, PRO Defiant Turbo DFX, Hoyt Ultra Tec 90 lb ), Elite Archery (famous models include Elite Energy, Elite Option 6), Oneida Eagle (Famous model Oneida Kestrel), Jennings Archery (popular model Buckmaster 2000, Gale Force), Diamond Archery (famous model Prism, Atomic Youth), Prime Archery (famous model Prime Logic, Defy), Cabelas (popular model Insurgent HC RTH), Mybo, US based Alpine Archry (popular model Silverado), Topoint Archery, etc.
After our rigorous research, we found out that the following list of products was worth mentioning:
- G5 Prime CENTERGY 33 Right Hand Compound Bow Black 28″ 70lb
- Shoots at 333 FPS
- Draw Length: 28-Inches
- Draw Weight: 70
- iGlow 40-70 lbs Black/Camouflage Camo Archery Hunting Compound Bow
- Speed: 310 FPS
- Draw Length: 25-31”
- Draw Weight: 40-70lbs
- Bear Archery Apprentice 2 Ready-to-Hunt Bow Package
- Shoots at 265 FPS
- Draw Length: 15-27”
- Draw Weight: 60 Pounds
- SAS Feud 25-70 Lbs 19-31” Draw Length Compound Bow
- Speed: More than 300 FPS
- Draw Length: 19-31”
- Draw Weight: 25 to 70 Pounds
- Siciwinni Archery JUNXING Dream 45# Compound Bow
- Shoots at 300 FPS
- Draw Length: 17-29 Inches
- Draw Weight: 20-60 Pounds
- CenterPoint EOS Bow Package RH Black
- Shoots at 300 FPS
- Draw Length: 19-31 Inches
- Draw Weight: 20-70 Pounds
- Cruzer X Bear Archery RTH Right Hand Mossy Oak Camo Bow Package
- Shoots at 310 FPS
- Draw Length: 12-30 Inches
Why Try Compound Bows
Unlike the Robin Hood bows, a compound bow is of an advanced build. It has a system of levers, chords, and pulleys. It has a sturdy construction, and the first model was manufactured in 1966 by Holless Wilbur Allen. Unlike traditional recurve bows, the cam system (bow eccentrics) of compound bows regulates the acceleration of arrows.
These bows usually give better results than traditional bows. They are more energy-efficient and rigid with a greater mechanical advantage for hunting purposes. So, they are an essential part of your bowhunting essentials.
However, I can assure you that using it for practice makes it easy to gain greater accuracy and speed. Our buying guide gives an endless number of models for archers and hunting enthusiasts. You can scroll down and find details that help to make an informed buying decision.
How to Choose the Perfect Draw Length?
Setting up a bow requires you to know the ideal draw length of its string. After pulling the bowstring with the arrow set at the nocking point, the distance it goes before a stop is the draw length. This set distance allows for convenience and accurate shots on targets.
The span of your outstretched arms (wingspan) divided by 2.5 determines the ideal draw length of your bow. It’s a simple calculation; the draw length is 31.8 inches (79.5/2.5) if your wingspan is 79.5 inches. If you’re an amateur archer, I’ll advise the right measurement of your draw length. It helps to avoid shoulder injuries and inconsistencies while aiming.
While there’s less power for draw lengths that are too long, a short bow’s draw length gives less accurate shots on targets. Usually, it’s proper to ask the archery shop attendant to set up your bow before leaving there.
Recommended Draw Weights for You
Usually, I find the right poundage that’s comfortable to carry and easy to take aims at targets. You’ll find the top brands with at least a 10-pound adjustment gap. Our research shows a list of draw weight recommendations for the different types of users.
- Women with small frames (130 lbs max) 25-35 lbs
- Women with medium frames (160 lbs max) 30-40 lbs
- Ladies with large frames (160 lbs min) 45 lbs -55 lbs
- Men with small frames (150 lbs max) 45-55 lbs
- Men with medium frames (180 lbs max) 55-65 lbs
- Men with large frames (180 lbs min) 65-75 lbs
- Older kids (130 lbs-150 lbs) 40-50 lbs
Letting-off is a technique that helps you pull back the bow back while maintaining the position at a full draw. The percentage of mechanical relaxation that your bow reaches is its let-off value. This proportion is equal to the bow’s peak draw weight.
As draw weight increases, the power behind your shot increases too. For this, tall guys and women have an advantage as the can draw the maximum length. Even at a high let-off percentage, hunters need more skills to control the kinetic energy.
There are extant rules and regulations on the use of bows in every state. For example, a state like Arizona has the minimum poundage of 40 lbs. To contravene this law while hunting animals will constitute an unethical kill.
A Word from RangerExpert
After careful research, we finally present to you the best compound bows available in the current market. It’s important to consider your preferred hunting types, skill level, the price, and technology behind a compound before purchasing any model. Don’t forget to ask the local archery shop attendant to configure your product.
However, some compound bows come with installation manuals and Allen keys. With do-it-yourself (DIY) techniques, some users can adjust the factory settings without needing any input from professionals. More so, the draw weight, draw length, brace height, axle to axle, and arrow speed is essential factors that you must not overlook while choosing your bow.
Meanwhile, it’s always worthwhile to pay little visits to local stores for occasional discounts and other offers. Above all, archery skill is pivotal for making the most out of a bow. If you feel you lack the skill, roll into an archery academy for self-development in this field.