Top 10 Best Electric Knife Sharpener (2019) Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
- Erik Himmel
An electric knife sharpener can easily be called the best thing to have happened to one’s kitchen knife. This is because they help you keep your knives in top condition throughout the time you have them. They come in a different form, either in the way of a rod or a blade, and you have to pick one good for yourself and your knife.
Before I started using an electric knife sharpener, my life was summarized by the word “mess”. "How is that", you might ask. Well, I will tell you. Not having an electric knife sharpener meant that once my knives were blunt, there was nothing I could do about it. I will spend hours doing things I should have done in half the time.
This was not good, and after the experience, I never wanted it to happen to me or anyone again. Hence, the importance of knowing your knife sharpener, so that you can pick the perfect one to suit the needs of your knife and your kitchen.
What You Will Get Here
- Why do you need a knife Sharpener?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of using an electric knife sharpener
- What to Ask Yourself before Buying an Electric Knife Sharpener?
- How Did We Pick The Best?
- Things to Look For In the Best Electric Knife Sharpener
- Our Top 10 Best Electric Knife Sharpeners
- Top of the List : Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor XV Edge Select Professional Electric Knife Sharpener.
- Versatile choice : Work Sharp Knife and Tool Sharpener Ken Orion Edition
- Budget Buy : Work Sharp WSKTS-W Knife and Tool Sharpener
- Best Hybrid shrpener : Chef’s Choice Hone Hybrid Sharpener
- Best for Professionals : Presto 08810 Professional Electric Knife Sharpener
- Best Kitchen Knife Sharpener : LINKYO Electric Knife Sharpener
- List of 4 other Electric Knife Sharpener We Reviewed
- How to use your electric knife effectively?
- Care and Maintenance tips for your Electric Knife Sharpener
Why do you need a knife Sharpener?
An electric knife sharpener is a machine powered by electricity that is used for sharpening knives. Most of the good ones come with two or three abrasives; so you can pick one of your choices. It also comes with different angles allowing you to bend your knife and achieve maximum sharpness.
The importance of an electric sharpener cannot be overemphasized, whether you use it for your personal kitchen or you are a chef. The qualities and advantages the electric knife sharpener add to you are endless.
Some models of the knife sharpener can do as much as sharpening serrated knives. While other models cannot, in this best knife sharpener review, we will help you by providing you with all the necessary details to make your knife sharpener journey a bliss.
Advantages and Disadvantages of using an electric knife sharpener
There are multiple advantages and disadvantages of using electric sharpeners. Whether you are using the single one or a knife sharpening kit. Here are a few starting with the advantages.
- Since all types of kitchen knives are bound to become dull, having a knife sharpener in your kitchen will ease you of those worries of having to go to a professional. You can do it by yourself in under a minute.
- It is not expensive, so your wallet will not cry after buying one.
- With the automatic knife sharpener, the machine does all the work, so no skill is required of you.
- You save yourself a lot of money on constant knife sharpening visits, sometimes each knife sharpening sessions can cost as much as buying a new knife sharpening kit. So which would you instead go for?
- The different slots that comes with the electric knife sharpener allow you to sharpen all kinds of knives, and that is one of the most significant advantages.
- They are also safe and secure for you. Disadvantages.
- It comes with an angle guide, so if you do not follow the guide correctly, you can damage and wear out your knife.
- The electric knife sharpener can be bulky sometimes, and if kept in the kitchen it occupies space.
- The electric knife sharpener can completely damage a blade if used on an abrasive that is not meant for it.
What to Ask Yourself before Buying an Electric Knife Sharpener?
Due to the make and design of an electric knife sharpener, it is paramount you ask yourself the following questions before buying one.
- What kind of knives do you have?
Electric sharpeners are made mainly to handle smooth-edged knives, and only a few can sharpen a serrated knife. And if you use one meant for the other you can damage your blade, sometimes beyond repair. Asking yourself this question and answering it will enable you to get the best electric knife sharpener for your knives.
- How much space can you spare?
Electric knife sharpeners due to their design are much bigger than the manual knife sharpeners. And as such cannot just fit into the kitchen drawer or cabinet. So, if you know your kitchen lack space, you might want to rethink buying one. And get the most suitable size to suit your kitchen space.
- How patient are you?
If you are the type with some patience, you would not have any problem buying a manual sharpener. But if you are not patient, then an electric knife sharpener is the way to go. Because they are always faster and easier to use. So, if you are the type that is always on the go then this is for you, as it is easy to master and use.
- How much do you value your knives?
Asking yourself this question is essential, because most electric sharpeners can over-sharp and even chip off the edges of your knife, and this can destroy them. So, if you value your knife do more research before buying one?
- Does noise bother you?
If it was easy for you to answer yes to this question, then do not be in haste to get an electric sharpener. As most of them are loud and noisy and most people cannot stand it.
- Are you left-handed?
Most of the electric sharpeners in the market are made for right-handed people, though they can be used by left-handed people. So, do consider this before buying one.
How Did We Pick The Best?
You might be curious as to how we ended up picking the best electric knife sharpener for you, we will tell you. Our team went through several months of research and trial. Combined with hours and hours of web search, and months are testing the selected products by our community members and more to bring you this conclusion.
In addition to the above, our team members went online and analyzed hundreds of consumer reviews, compiling together what they liked about the selected products and what they do not. This helped us make our results even more conclusive than it was before.
We also gathered all the necessary features that set apart each knife sharpener from another, enabling us to provide you with the unique and best features of the several knife sharpeners brought to you in this review.
Some of the analyzed features were the price, abrasiveness, size and much more. After collecting all the data and reviews of customers and using them as a base point for bringing you the top ten, our team also handled all of the knife sharpeners on this list for ourselves. This was in order for us to experience the results for ourselves.
And that exercise allowed us to relate all the collected data and make it into one. Bring for you the top ten best electric knife sharpener review. We hope this review helps you in getting the best one for yourself. For all the work we did, is so that you can get the best one for you without any hassle.
Things to Look For In the Best Electric Knife Sharpener
We have come to know that some features make some electric sharpeners the best. We have gathered the top features that the best electric sharpeners should have, and we will analyze some of them below for you.
- Abrasive material : Grits provide the measurement of abrasiveness, and you want to make sure you find the perfect abrasiveness for your type of knives. We recommend a diamond tip with about 1000 grit. If you’re electric sharpener is too gritty it will damage your knife and if it is too smooth, it will not sharpen your knife.
So find a balance between the abrasiveness and the knives you want to sharpen. That is the only way to get the best results.
- sharpening Stages : A proper electric sharpener should have multiple sharpening stages. Most of them have a minimum of two and a maximum of four. The different stages come with varying levels of abrasiveness. This means you can pick the stage you want in agreement to how blunt your knife is.
This will allow you to touch up your knife without going for a full blown sharpening which might damage it. As sometimes what a knife need is touching up and not actual sharpening. It also enables you to use the stronger stages for stronger knives.
- Angle Guide : An angle guide will let you know how best to position your knife to get the best sharpening. It ranges from 15-30 degrees. The higher the range of degrees the more blades, different in shapes and sizes you can sharpen.
If it does not come with one, you might just ruin a few knives before getting the perfect angle. And if the electric sharpener has just one degree of sharpening it will restrict you to only being able to grind a few knives. We recommend you get one with a range of angle guide.
- Versatility : Is it versatile? In the sense that, how many different kinds of knives can the electric knife sharpener handle. Because the more it can handle, the better for basically everyone. If you are the type that uses different blades, you should get a versatile knife sharpener. It will be the absolute best decision you make.
- Portability : The portability has to do with how much space you have in your kitchen, if the electric knife sharpener is massive, and if you want to travel with it. Some weigh as little as 1 pound and is handheld, while others can weigh as much as 7 pounds and is not handheld. If you know you want to be able to move around with your knife, then the portable one is the best for you.
- Safety : When getting good knife sharpener you want something safe for the kitchen, easy to use with little or no danger hazard. And some can be a danger hazard, probably because of their design. So it’s imperative to get a safe one. By checking the model and how it works.
- Cleaning Ease : The design of some electric knife sharpener makes it hazardous and hard to clean, so you want to choose one that has a friendly design allowing easy cleaning. An easy to clean electric knife sharpener has an open configuration and you do not have to dismantle it to clean. Aim for those ones, and leave your cleaning issues behind you.
- Range of Angles : knife sharpeners come with a different range of angles allowing you to sharpen different knives of different shapes. More angles mean more variety of knives. Some have just one and others have all. Pick the range according to your specifications and preference. This is suitable for someone who uses a variety of knives.
- Speed : The speed of an electric knife sharpener determines how fast or slow your cutter will be sharpened, so if you want just to touch up the knife go for a slower speeding sharpener. But, a faster speeding one will grind really quickly. Or you can get one with different speeds.
- Longevity : some knife sharpeners are more durable than other. This can be due to the sharpening edge which can be diamond or another metal, diamond edges are known to last longer.
- Noise : Knife sharpeners can be noisy in general, the best you can do is settle for a less noisy one. The seller might try to beguile you by telling you the noise is not loud, if you can turn it on and hear it for yourself.
- Warranty : Not all sharpeners come with a warranty. You want to very much keep an eye out for a warranted sharpener so you can give it a go with ease. And be sure you can return when it develops any fault during the given warranty period.
Our Top 10 Best Electric Knife Sharpeners
Hello! Today we are going to discover with you the Best Electric knife sharpeners we have in store. And we have carefully categorized our top 10 picks according to the type they belong to and after analyzing their basic features (Discussed in the section ‘what to look for’) so that you may find which specific product or any kind of product you need.
So, you may wonder why we had to do this... Our products are designed and packaged with the purpose of minimizing our customer’s effort in every aspect to get their work done. Some of you actually find it difficult to go through numerous lists of products and choose the specific one for you to purchase.
We are trying to make it easy by sorting out the best of our products to give you an easy pick without much effort. So make sure you check out the list below for the top-rated electric knife sharpeners that we have got in store.
Chef’s choice 15 Trizor XV Edge Select is a professional Electric Knife Sharpener used mainly for straight and serrated knives.
It is built with pure diamond Abrasives particles, an advanced spring guide that is patented by the company, plus a 3-stage Edge Select sharpening system.
The Diamond Abrasives are capable of polishing or cleaning a hard surface by grinding.
Another interesting feature of this product is the Advanced, spring guides patented by the company, which allow the user precise control of the sharpening angle, and adjusts itself automatically.
The first two stages of the 3-stage Edge Select system is plated with pure Diamond particles attached to a belt forming the abrasives and helps to sharpen the edge while the third stage is plated with an abrasive quality flexible system to polish serrated knives.
It weighs approximately 4.42lbs and measures 10 in length x 4.25 in weight x 4.25 in height (inches) which is impressive we must say.
It is portable enough to be easily moved around, and economically they are friendly to the environment.
Followed with a 3 year limited warranty, it has the ability to work longer and effectively for a very long period of time if properly managed.
It is very easy to use due to the automatic adjustments and simple setups incorporated with it.
- Advanced stropping stage and 100% Diamond Abrasives
- Advanced, patented flexible spring guides for automatic adjustments
- 3-stage Edge Select Sharpening system for optimum versatility
- 15 Trizor XV combined with Ultra sharp 15 degrees XV tech
- Resulting Edge angle of 15 degrees
Chef’s choice 15 Trizor XV is the best knife sharpener, more precisely, the best automatic knife sharpener mostly recommended for Chefs.
Due to its ease of use, chefs would find it reasonably time-saving in sharpening their knives.
Apart from Chefs, if you are probably looking for a professional knife sharpener for kitchen use, then this product might be the best for you.
By purchasing it, you would naturally maximize your budget, but in return, the results you get will be beyond perfect.
Work sharp knife and Tool sharpener is a multipurpose sharpener used for hatchets, axes, machetes and other simple cutting tools.
This product features an Adaptable sharpening guide with the ability to produce edge bevels from about 15 to 30 degrees and more for some. It is adaptable in the sense that, you are given the option of s rage of degrees that will suit much more knives and their edges.
Other features include Premium flexible abrasive belts, multi-position sharpening module, and a variable speed motor.
The Premium flexible abrasive belts are designed to produce a stable and nearly permanent because it lasts long, razor-sharp convex edge.
It features a sharpening module with several positions that provide you precision for knife sharpening and various areas for a full option of tools and edge sharpening.
Variable speed motor ensures you can perform many tasks from low speed honing to high-speed grinding.
It weighs approximately 3.3 pounds and measures 5.5 x 11 x 6 inches by length, width and height respectively.
Guaranteed with a one-year limited warranty, it can last for a very long period if properly used.
It can be referred to as one of the best-hunting knives sharpener because it provides optimum sharpness for it.
- Adjustable sharpening Angles 15 to 30 degrees
- Premium flexible abrasive belts
- Variable speed, Heavy Duty Motor
Work sharp knife and Tool sharpener is a good product, in addition to being one of the best hunting knife sharpeners.
It offers an all in one option for those who want to sharpen not only knives but other metallic tools.
It is highly recommended for garden and farm use. For those who want the multipurpose functionality, this product should suit your purpose.
Work sharp WSKTS-W knife and tool sharpener is another multipurpose but less complex abrasive belt sharpening system. It is classed as one of the top-rated electric knife sharpeners. Moreover, this does not come as a surprise to us, because its features will just blow your mind away.
Using the flexible gritty belts, the sharpener of this electric sharpener can sharpen a range of knives with different sizes and shapes. Some of such knives are the curved edge knives, the straight edges knives, tanto blades, hooks for guts, and even the fillet knives with serrated edges.
This sharpener sharpens every shape and type of knife a person can have. The rough belt is primarily used to fix damaged edges of blades and grinding all kinds of cutting tools as previously mentioned in this review.
The not so rough but not as smooth, basically medium belt is used for all sorts of knife sharpening, whether for touch up, sharpening or even damaged.
The narrow belt is commonly used for honing knives, sharpen saw-tooth knives and for easy do overs on blades that were recently sharpened but are starting to become blunt again.
The sharpening guide is very precise making the cutting of angles on your knife a comfortable one. And this means will allow you to get the same results every single time you try. The guide makes it possible for you to sharpen your knives at 40 and 50 degrees with o stress.
It weighs 1.95 pounds and measures 5 x 9 x 5.5 inches by length, width and height respectively.
This sharpener can be used for many other cutters such as scissors, axes and hatchets, lawn blades, large garden scissors also known as shears, shovels and many garden equipment with a knife.
- Flexible premium abrasive belts
- Precision sharpening guides
- Versatile tool sharpener
WSKTS-W is an innovative belt sharpening system built with sharpening guides for kitchen, outdoor and serrated knives.
If you are considering a low budget and would love to minimize your spending, then this is the right product for you.
You will also be able to effectively use it for a wide range of knives and other tools without having to purchase another sharpening tool for such purpose.
The chef’s choice hybrid is a knife grinder with an actual difference to offer contemporary means of electric grinding to the older means known as the manual method. This inbuilt technology incorporates 20 degree blades, and it can be used for any knives in that range.
The first two phase use power to sharpen the blade, while the third phase uses a hone covered in pure fine diamond particles to cut the knife to your taste. It also gives the edge that “v” shape, that has been proven by experts and people who have used it as the very best. Since the third stage is manual, it can be used anytime and anywhere without power. Phase 3 also sharpens serrated edges.
It weighs approximately 2.65 pounds and measures 11.2 x 6.2 x 5.2 inches by length, width and height respectively.
Guaranteed with a one-year limited warranty, it can last even longer if effectively and adequately managed.
Usability is very high as it includes a manual stage which can be used anytime despite a power outage.
- 3-stage sharpening system.
- Razor sharp edges with advanced hybrid technology.
- 100% diamond abrasives in the first two stages.
- An ultra-thin abrasive in phase 3.
- Phase 1 and 2 electric sharpening and manual honing in step 3.
A razor sharp edge with advanced 3-stage hybrid technology ensures a fast, easy and durable sharpening of your knives.
Apart from the usability of this product, it is a very cheap electric knife sharpener, making it well recommended for those with a lower budget.
If you are not able to cover the power expenses, then the manual stage serves as an alternative.
This product is a professional Ever-sharp, electric knife sharpener with a 3-stage sharpening system.
It features an interchangeable blade guide to provide optimum sharpening angles.
The select feature includes the thick, medium and thin for hunting knives, chef’s knives, and light blades respectively.
The blade guides are automated such that the knife is in the best angle for sharpening, so no guess sharpening.
You can directly draw the knife through each sharpening path as many times as you wish but no more than recommended to achieve the most suitable sharpness for your knife.
It weighs approximately 5.07 pounds and measures 18.4 x 11.2 x 2.2 inches by length, width and height respectively.
This tool particularly provides a fast and easy way to sharpen kitchen and sporting knives, also santoku knives.
Guaranteed with a one year warranty, it can last for an even longer time if properly used.
- 3-stage sharpening system
- Interchangeable blade guides
Professional ever sharp electric knife sharpener works great on all sorts of knives and cutters. Like kitchen knives, hunting knives and more.
With the 3-phase sharpening technology, it is straightforward to use and is mostly recommended for professionals.
This product is featured with a 2-stage sharpening system mainly for kitchen use.
The first phase gives the angle of the blade a new shape, sharpens the new angle that it created, while the second phase finishes the sharpening process and polishes it. It is built with a non-slip suction cup feet to keep the sharpener from sliding during use.
Another feature is the automatic blade positioning guides to hold the knife at the ideal angle for perfect sharpening.
Clean up is very easy; Mess free receptacles with easy to remove plugs catch the metal shards and filings.
It comes with a built in feature that automatically detects when the pressure being applied is too much and stops the sharpener before any damage is caused to the cutter or the blade. It weighs approximately 2.65 pounds and measures 9.8 x 4.9 x 7.2 by length, width and height respectively.
Also, it is designed for only blades with straight edges and cannot be used on scissors or saw-tooth edges.
- 2-stage sharpening system
- Suction cup feet that stop slipping.
- Blade positioning guides that are automatic
- Built-in ‘stop’ feature
LINKYO Electric knife sharpener is so far the best electric knife sharpener for quick, safe and straightforward sharpening of straight-edged blades.
It is most recommended for kitchen use and allows an inexperienced user to smoothly operate.
For those with a low budget, this is also a good option for you.
List of 4 other Electric Knife Sharpener We Reviewed
This is a professional Electric knife sharpener for 20 degrees edges.
It features a 3-stage sharpening system with a very concise angle control. The first two phasess are what give your knife the arc-shape that are most durable.
The third stage which is built with an almost inexplicable sharpening disk for maximum sharpness.
Another feature is the belt covered with fine diamond particles to form an abrasive in phase one and two.
Characteristics like edge selection allow choice of optimum edges for simple, butcher, simple and serrated knives.
Precision angle guides prevent any guesswork and give you the best results. It weighs approximately 4.63 pounds and measures 12 x 6.2 x 6.2 inches by length, width and height respectively.
This product is not finely built and comes with a good 3-year warranty but that does not limit the duration of use if properly managed.
A resilient elastomer foothold the machine with enough force to keep it from slipping off and hurting the user.
- 3-phase electric sharpening with precision angle control
- Pure diamond particles covered belt as abrasives in phase 1 and 2
- A three phase sharpening and cleaning that is second to none.
- features the choice of the user selecting their preferred edge available
- A resilient feet hold
Chef’s choice 120 delivers foolproof results and highly durable edges for straight edge and serrated 20-degree knives.
It is mostly recommended for people with more demanding jobs like cutting through fibrous foods and meat.
Chefs are not an exception to this lightning fast professional knife sharpener as it could be of help in cutting through delicate foods like smoked salmon.
It is built with two-stage sharpening system available for durable and long-lasting edges.
Stage one uses a belt covered with pure fine diamond particles to create the first phase of bevels. And the second phase uses two hones and an advanced micron of pure diamond particles to complete what the first phase started
The patented stropping disks meant for polishing the blades make it as sharp as technologically possible. And an electrometric spring whose precision has been pre measured to perfection, such that when blades are applied at the right angles it will give even the worse knives a makeover in the best way.
This electric knife sharpener sharpens both edge and serrated knives to better-than-factory edges.
It weighs 1.25 pounds approximately and measures 10.6 x 6.4 x 6.3 inches by length, width and height respectively.
Guaranteed not to detemper, the sharpener has a two-year limited warranty for home use only and could last longer if properly managed.
• It has a two phase sharpening system with absolute angle control.
• Pure diamond covered abrasive belt in the first phase.
• It is fast and it will not damage the edge of your blade.
• And the second phase has a peculiar but special to only the chefs choice 320 for absolute perfect results.
The professional 2-stage electric knife sharpener sharpens both straight and serrated knives to make them look better than factory edges, in just minutes.
Due to its ease of use, control, and features, it is most recommended for home kitchen use. And for those with a high budget, looking for a quality sharpener, you should get this.
The chef’s choice 290 Angle Select provides you with one of the most evolved cross-technology for high-end cutting edged blades on all of your 15 and 20 degrees class knives.
This electric sharpener comes designed from the company to combine both the contemporary and old method to cut all 20 degree household knives ideally every single time. It is also ideal for light sport and pocket-knives, contemporary Euro/American household knives; both straight and serrated knives.
It features three phases of sharpening with diamond abrasives attached to a constantly rolling wheel, this method always assures a completely polished edge.
Stage one is explicitly made for 15-degree edge knives and phase two for 20-degree blades. This sharpener combines both the power and technology of the angle guides and pure diamond abrasives in its three stages to give an extremely sharp, arch-shaped edge. Edges with the arch-shape have been proven to be stronger and sturdier according to studies of people that have tried using it.
Stage three combines both types of knives as well as for sharpening serrated blades.
This product is built with a technologically advanced tested Criss-cross method to create extremely sharp burr-free, durable edges.
It weighs 2.81 pounds approximately and measures 4.1 x 9.9 x 3.9 inches by length, width and height respectively.
- Hybrid Angle Select technology
- Hybrid sharpener combining manual and electric sharpening stages
- Efficient Criss-cross sharpening technology
- 100% Diamond abrasives in phase one and two
- 100% ultra-fine abrasives in stage three
- Precision angle guides
Chef’s choice 290 Angle Select Hybrid Diamond Hone knife sharpener is so far one of the best hybrid knife sharpeners that can be used both manually and electrically.
The hybrid tech provides an alternative to those living in areas/countries with power shortage and it is more recommended for home use.
With the advanced sharpening tech, you will be able to produce an extremely sharp edge.
blades like scissors, other cutters like a utility knife, and something entirely out of the equation like screw drivers.
The knife sharpener was made in its multi-purpose self, so you do not have to use different tools for different purposes. And this will save anybody a lot of space.
It features a 2-stage multi-Angle sharpening system. This to unique stage sharpening process eliminates dull edges and preserves durability.
The sharpener is equipped with a 3.5ft long rewind-able power cord for convenience and ease of use.
It is designed to provide two types of sharpening; coarse and fine sharpening.
It weighs 1.7 pounds approximately and measures 5.8 x 5.8 x 4 inches by length, width and height respectively.
- A unique two-stage multiage sharpening system
- 3.5ft rewind-able power cord
- Adjustable angle guide
Electric sharpener 3 in 1 is one of the best knife sharpening kit, able to carry out multipurpose functions with its compact size.
To those interested in less bulky and cheap knife sharpening kit, this is preferably recommended for you.
This product will bring sharpness and new life back to your knife blades, metal screwdrivers, and scissor blades.
All the Knife sharpeners above are from among the Best Knife sharpeners that would suit your purpose. Starting from top 1 of the list, you would surely find some intriguing Knife Sharpeners with different specifications. Ranging from manual to electric, 2-stage to 3-stage and other features including the degrees and cost that would work correctly for your knives; you can quickly sort yourself out and pick the most suitable one for you.
With appropriate labels, you will swiftly navigate through. For the best budget, you will find the best budget label. For the best kitchen use, you will see the best kitchen knife sharpener label. For the professional knife sharpeners, you will find the best for professionals’ labels.
So that’s it! Pick the one you need and go through the specifications to decide if it is the best for you. If it is, proceed to buy the product from our store and if not, check out the remaining list for another choice.
How to use your electric knife effectively?
Now that you know about the available knife sharpeners, you should use this tips to understand how you can use it so as to serve you well for a long time. Frequent uses of your knife without honing or sharpening contributes to its becoming dangerous over time making it dull gradually. In order to maintain its edges, you should know how to use the electric knife sharpener. Before you sharpen your knife, make sure the knife blade fits entirely through the sharpener for optimum results
There is the presence of two to three grinding wheels on the electric sharpener all with different coarseness and grit thus making it a useful knife sharpening tool. To sharpen your knife, these are the steps you should take:
- Make sure the heel of the knife connects with the grinding stone by pressing it down as far as possible. Work your way up to the tip of the knife.
- Make sure the blade is at an angle of between 15o -20o. The sharpener then does the job of setting the knife-handle’s angle to connect with the grinding stone
- The blade should be passed only twice slowly to affect the task of sharpening the knife
- The process should be repeated on the more exceptional stone and do as you have done in (iii) above
- Make sure you rinse your razor and dry it with a clean cloth
Care and Maintenance tips for your Electric Knife Sharpener
In order to enjoy the use of your electric knife sharpener for a very long time, you have to observe some maintenance tips which include but not limited to the following:
- Cleaning of the Electric Knife Sharpener is very essential though should not be done frequently. As water or fluids can cause rust in the sharpener and spoil it. It is best advised you clean it once a year to prevent it from getting damaged gradually. This means you have a longer time to spend with your new sharpener.
- Store the sharpener in a cool and dry place. Most people keep it in their kitchen and in all honesty a kitchen is hardly a cool or a dry place. The point is humidity and fluids affects the electric knife sharpener negatively. So keep it away from areas that have those.
- Also, make sure the blade you are about to sharpen is appropriately cleaned, s it does not transfer any food particles to the electric knife sharpener that will cause damage.
- Avoid cutting acidic fruits near it as it can cause corrosion in the blade.
I have painstakingly taken my time and energy to discuss the required point. And I have done so from the most detailed and analytic point of view. This is so I can bring to you the most comprehensive and well thought out results to give you the power and authority to pick the best electric sharpeners.
You never give your preference away, take for example the knife sharpener electric 3-in-1 tool, with three times the features of an average knife sharpener or the chef’s choice 320 with one on the best diamond edge in the market. Focusing on some of the fantastic features will help you in picking the best one. We sincerely hope that this review will help you in your journey.