Got a handgun in your favorite holster? But having an issue gripping it or looking for knowing, like a pro, how to grip a revolver? You’re not far away from the perfect place for that. Whether how to use a revolver or how revolvers work are not something that you would learn automatically. You’ll have to put in some effort here. The first step here is to learn the proper way to hold a revolver.
Once you are done with it, only then you can consider aiming at your target and moving ahead on the expertise ladder. So why waste any more time? Through this article, you are going to find the answer to the question, “how to hold a revolver?”
Reading this article is really going to enlighten you with some tips from the experts regarding the best way to hold a good quality revolver? So be focused while reading it as it can train you for possible future combat with a thief; the tips learned now can help you in the actual fight in future.
Gripping a Revolver Correctly Is Important, but Why?
Experts always claim that gripping a revolver correctly is one of the most important but difficult steps while learning shooting through a revolver. There are some obvious reasons involving your safety but there are some technical causes of such a statement too. Here we have discussed all of them.
- If your grip is okay, your aim at the target can be expected so. Gripping the revolver rightly can provide you better safety while using it. Having a revolver in hand is dangerous, especially if you are a novice. If you’ll hold it rightly, then the chances of getting shot mistakenly are reduced to a minimum.
- The jerk created as a result of shooting can create hand injuries, but if held rightly no such issues are to be expected
- Getting back to the target with the second shot is easier if you are using the right technique for holding a revolver
- The reach of your shot can also be enhanced with the use of the right technique. because with a firm grip, the movement after each shot will be minimum.
- You can also expect a better experience shooting your gun just by learning the right gripping style.
- It can also help you in self-defense. Others can be scared of you if you are using the right gripping style for holding your revolver
Now, How to Grip a Revolver?
If you don’t have much interest in revolvers already, then you might not know the difference between gripping and grasping. But that is fine. There is always a place where everyone starts. We can help you by explaining the difference. Grasping is the act of holding the revolver whereas “grip” is the part of the gun that you grasp.
So you would have realized there is a big difference between the two. But practically, we don’t use this difference, especially when we are not quite connected to the guns world, right? However, for learning how to grip a revolver, you’ll have to understand the difference that exists between the two and must use it for learning about the right guns and the right ways to use these guns.
1. Grip or Grasp?
Now, when you know the basic difference, let us give you some of the other points of differentiation between the two terminologies to make them clearer for you.
- It is the structural part of the gun. It changes with the type of gun that you are considering
- Upgrading the grip is possible in order to get a better hold of your gun
- It is the technique using which you get hold of your gun
- You can use various gripping styles, but they must be dependent on the type of gun in your hand and the possible impact that could be caused on your shots.
- Razor ultra-thin rubberized cups
- Two omni directional microphones
- Provides sound activated protection over 89 DB at 0.02 reaction time
- Noise reduction rating of 23DB
- Operates on 2 'AAA' batteries- Included
2. How Can You Grip a Revolver?
Gripping the holder rightly is definitely an art. If you want to be the learner of this form of art, you must pay close attention to the gripping method mentioned below. Each of these steps is necessary to provide you with an overall strength to keep the things right.
Keep the Width of the Shoulder and Feet Apart
With this style of gripping, you’ll ensure a firm posture that will be necessary when considering the jerk that you are going to feel while shooting a bullet from the revolver.
Wrap the Hand (The Dominant One) Around the Revolver Handle
Keeping your dominant hand up on the handle can give you a stronger grasp over the grip of your handle. Make sure that your thumb can cover the opposite side of the revolver to ensure the right resistance to fire the bullet and manage the reaction.
In case, your hand is lower on the group, then you’ll have to face an upward reaction of your hand after the shooting, which will require more time of yours’ to readjust and aim again.
The index finger must be outside the trigger guard and not on the trigger itself so that you don’t fire bullets mistakenly during adjustments.
Place the Other Hand Around the One (Dominant) to Support It
The other hand must be wrapped around the dominant hand to enforce the strength. You must place this hand in a way that the thumb of your non-dominant hand will cover the thumb of the dominant hand. Sometimes, there might be cross-dominance aiming issues.
Keep the Elbows Straight
With all this setting done, now is the time to aim. So, for that, you need to straighten up your elbows and move your arms upwards towards the eye level from where you can set an aim. Make sure to aim from the dominant eye.
3. How Should You Not Grip?
Not every style that you watch in movies or elsewhere around is good. There are a few prominent styles that are recommended by the experts to avoid. Each of these styles has been described below to ensure that you don’t go for these styles by mistake.
4. Teacup Grip
In this style, the support hand of the shooter is below the grip whereas the dominant hand is on the grip. So, imagine this position, and you’ll realize that the support hand is creating problems for the domain hand.
5. Thumbs Crossed
One of the dangerous styles of gripping. Why? Because the slide of the automatic gun can create severe damage to your thumb because, in this posture, you would have placed it just in the way of the slide.
Index Finger in Front of Trigger Guard
If you are aiming to keep the index finger on the front of the trigger guard to manage to recoil, then you are not making a nice move. It will actually loosen your grip and you might not be able to aim properly through this gripping style.
Gripping the Wrist
You might feel that gripping your wrist can provide you with extra firmness in your hand, but that won’t happen. Both your hands must be on the gun to make it work properly.
6. Also, Don’t Do These While Gripping a Revolver
Revolver is not something to play around with. You must realize that this is dangerous, and a slight mistake can be fatal for you. Here are some of the specific things that you must avoid while gripping a revolver.
- Don’t load your gun ever unless you know how it works and you are up for a specific mission
- Don’t point the gun as fun. You might push the trigger mistakenly and the consequences can be disastrous.
- Don’t keep your finger on the trigger until you are sure about your target and are ready for aiming.
- Don’t just rely on your target. Do look what is behind it to make sure that a misfire or a leading bullet won’t harm anyone or anything.
How to grip a revolver might not feel like a topic that you should be reading but believe us it is one. By knowing some of the wrong gripping styles and don’ts, you have actually enhanced your level of knowledge, which can surely save you from the dangerous impacts of being a novice in this field.
- 【Upgraded Super Silent Material】This hunting jacket suit is made of NEWVIEW's patented new generation super silent material, it will help to reduce the noise and allow you to get more closer to an animal.
- 【Unique Camouflage Pattern Keep Hunters Stay Hidden】NEWVIEW's unique camoflague pattern is designed by simulate expert, which has been verified by 10,000+ hunters. There are two pattern options for different terrain and environment - upgraded Tree and upgraded Leaf.
- 【MULTIPLE POCKETS—DESIGNED FOR HUNTING】 Hunting suit have 11 strategically and common-sense placed pockets, 2 Lower Hand-Warming Pockets of 8IN high, 2 Upper Sleeve Pockets(7.5In*8In), 1 split-kangaroo pocket(22In*8In); the pants have 4 interior cord openings; 2 sided zipper game pouch. The pockets can hold license, documents, maps, knives, lighters and etc. Multiple pockets make it much more convenient for you when you stalking a prey.
- 【UPGRADED DETAILS】Using one way zipper instead of two way zipper to reduce the noise；Re-adjusted the top of all zippers to prevent them from making sounds by collision; Adjusted the shoulder pocket Velcro to two to prevent it from curling up, and from making sounds while being scratched by branches; Adjustable Elastic Waistband, adjustable range is from 0.79 inch to 3.15 inches.
- 【GREAT FOR OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES】Outdoor sports camouflage jacket is suitable for Hunting, Tactical, Shooting, Army, Paintball, Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Off-road, Trail Big Game, Constructing work and etc..
- 【Nice Gifts for Men】survival gear and equipment gadgets fishing gifts for men Dad Fathers Day survival kit survival gear first aid kit earthquake survival kit emergency survival kit earthquake kit emergency kit medical kit first aid kit for car and equipment hunting gifts for men mens gift hunting knives for men camping gadgets cool stuff for boys hunting gear for men camping gifts camping gear for men top gifts for men great gifts for men hiking gear for men camping tools fishing accessories
- 【Molle System Compatible】MOLLE system attachment straps on the back + quick removal velcro panel + adjustable quick-release buckle + 2 x D-rings + strong metal snaps design. The rip-away velcro panel allows you to attach our pouch to other tactical MOLLE backpack Gear, and you can hang Molle compatible straps on combat vests, backpacks, belts, and adjust the buckle straps to tighten the tactical pouch, Which make it an perfect companion for military tactical uses or any outdoor activities.
- 【Compact Lightweight & Durable】Made of high-quality nylon material with full open zipper, strong durable waterproof and shock resistant. Compact size, only 7.8 "x 4.7" x 5.1", only 2.55 pounds, provides three large compartments and plenty of rooms to hold all the essential emergency supplies and survival tools (500 pcs, can be refilled when needed). You can take it anywhere and it is perfect for your car, atv, yacht, boat, jeep, bike,outdoor adventures,camping, hiking, hunting or motorcycle.
- 【Great Quality Survival Gears & Medical Kit】Including the most popular survival necessities: 3-mode tactical flashlight, tactical pen, multi-function bracelet (compass, whistle), Tactical knife, etc., and fishing equipment set (10Pcs) can solve the problem of finding food outdoors. Comprehensive first aid kit for first aid, which can treat wounds soon to prevent wound infections. It is ideal for taking care of any medical emergency needs during wilderness adventures!
- 【Christmas Gifts Ideas】Our survival gear is designed to help youdeal with any emergency, and can be used as stockings or birthday gifts. It can also develop the child's ability to survive with kids hiking and camping kit, and make your camping trip easy! We are committed to providing quality customer service, if stocking stuffers for men doesn’t live up your expectations, contact us and we will solve it to make sure that you are happy with your purchase.