If archery is to meet perfection, you need to do it in real. But, you must prepare yourself for accuracy. Using a 3D target for practicing is somewhat a popular way to develop one’s archery skills. A good one that doesn’t harm your arrows, wear from the core too quickly and require a new purchase may not be an easy pick. A DIY 3D archery target is a fine alternative to the more expensive market options. Psst! Hey, afraid of tackling the job? Don’t worry, I’ll help you!
|1||Black Hole 22 - 4 Sided Archery Target||$69.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Field Logic Youth Block GenZ Open Target Multi-Color, 16 Inch||$34.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Mckenzie 20950 TuffBlock Game Shot Archery Target||$30.79||Buy on Amazon|
I would like you to know a few things about the contemporary 3D targets before you take on the learning curve. These facts will help you determine what to keep in mind while crafting a DIY 3D archery target.
3D Archery Target Facts
The following information is intended for those who want to get a 3D type and be ready for that to take their skills to the next level.
- These objects can be crafted to mimic any kind of animal/beast you prefer shooting in real life.
- Some of these objects come in various overlay options.
- For example, one of those shows you the vitals on the outside so that you know exactly where the arrow would hit.
- An outdoor range is the best place for these objects.
- Middle sections of some of these targets are replaceable when they wear out.
- Experts recommend the use of field points and a thorough setup while going with a 3D model.
- Users of broadhead arrows would want to get/make a different type of target since these arrows can cause the foam core of the target to wear out quickly.
- 【Compact Roof Prism 10x42 Binocular】 10X power magnification and large field of view, specially designed for outdoor activities such as climbing, hiking, driving, watching wildlife and scenery. This power also can be used for watching large stage play, vocal concert, a football game, etc.
- 【HD Superior Optics】 Best 42mm fully multi-layer coatings green film objective lens and 18mm blue film eyepiece, Large smart phrase BAK4 prism, guarantee the key elements of an optical device, make your view brighter, clearer and deliver crisp images.
- 【Durable Framework and Rubber Armor】 Its tight fitting protection makes it usable to withstand the toughest weather conditions. The shock-absorbing rubber armor for maximum protection.
- 【Complete Binocular Accessories】 Comes with Newest Smartphone Mount compatible with Smartphone 11, 11 Pro, Xs, X, 8p, 8, 7p, 7, 6, 6p, Samsung S10/S10p, S9/S9p, S8/S8 Edge, S6/S6 Edge, Note, LG, HTC,Sony, and more. Also comes with Carrying Case, Rubber Lens Covers, Cleaning Cloth, Neck Strap.
- 【Lifetime Warranty And Lifetime Technical Support】 Shop with confidence, you have it covered by Gosky lifetime warranty and a full money-back and replacement guarantee, on all orders to allow you to test the suitability of our product.
DIY 3D Archery Target: A Quick Project for DIYers
Now, you want to learn the steps, and I’ve informed you of what you should know in the first place. Remember you should not rush the job as 2-3 days will be required for the target to be in a perfect shape. So, here you go…
1. Required Supplies
Since you’re making one for long-term uses, a few supplies (affordable and durable) will be required. I hope all of the following items except the foam are already available at your home.
- 2 MOA Red-Dot provides 10 illumination settings (8 daylight plus 2 NV) for visibility in all light conditions
- MOTAC (Motion Activated Illumination) powers up when it senses motion and powers down when it does not. Provides for optimum operational safety and enhanced 40,000+ hour battery life
- Integrated M1913 Picatinny interface provides industry-standard mounting options for a wide range of applications
- Dependable waterproof (IPX-7 rated for complete water immersion up to 1 meter) and fog-proof performance
- Includes a M1913 Picatinny low mount riser and a co-witness 1.41in riser mount
- Spray foam (aerosol polyurethane)
- Board: 1 piece measuring 2 x 4/1 ft. long
- Board: 2 pieces measuring 2 x 4/3 ft. long
- Foam-based turkey trap/One-dimensional cardboard
2. Applying Coating to One Side Completely
In this phase, you need to build the primary part of the target. Follow the steps below.
- Put the newspapers one after another unless the pile become several layers and able to serve as a good cover for the target’s flat exterior.
- Place the cardboard and the turkey trap on the layers.
- Now, you need a foam coating that covers an entire side of the target. Use aerosol polyurethane foam to make sure the bulk forms.
- Leave it for 24 hours so that the foam dries properly.
3. Apply the Same Coating on Another Side
It’s time you got prepared for applying the Polyurethane spray foam coating to the remaining side. These are the steps to follow.
- Now is the time to turn the turkey trap right over.
- Use a foam layer using the spray foam, so you can apply a coating to the decoy’s other side.
- Leave it for another 24 hours, so it dries thoroughly.
- I advise some cautions when you’ll work for creating the foam layers. Make sure none of the layers becomes coarse/thick. They have to be thin enough.
4. Checking the Bulk
This phase is about checking the portion of the decoy you already have created.
- An extra foam layer has to be applied to decoy.
- Then, you should wait once again until the trap becomes dry.
- Turn the thing over (not hastily but slowly) to apply some extra foam spray.
- One more instance of waiting for a dry job is required.
You may repeat the above procedure as long as you think the target already has the appropriate amount of mass. However, your preferences are what determine if the target is bulky enough or it requires some more.
- BRAND NAME: Scotamalone.It is a great playground accessory .such as :exploring , indoor playing, backyard sports activity, camping, safari, traveling, bird watching, spying, car trip, summer vacation and so on . It can improve the explore ability of child and satisfy the child's curiosity
- BEST GIFT - The Pocket sized is fit for child .It can be adjusted to fit any eye distance . It has a adjustment knob for children`s eyes. It was made with a soft touch rubber, 4x30mm Adjustable Binoculars for Kids, Quality For The Price
- SAFETY - Binoculars Are Made Of Nontoxic Natural Rubber Material, Rubber Surrounded Eyepieces Are Included For Eye Protection So Children Don't Hurt Their Eyes Or Face.Designed especially to avoid harm for a young child`s little eyes. Features: Lens with relatively low 4x zoom so your child can examine the world up close; Soft eyecups ensure a comfortable fit; lightweight; Glue-free; Neck strap so your child won’t lose them; Non-slip grip; and is made from quality materials.
- BEST TOYS– .INCLUDES: 1x 4x30 Binoculars; 1x Carrying Canvas Bag; 1x Neck Strap；1x Lens wiping cloth.Stimulates children’s natural desire to experiment and discover. Preschool brain development. Educational and exploration gift for your child, grand-son or grand-daughter. Great for nature studying hobby, research and exploring. Recommended for three, four, five and six years olds.
- Best service: Your Satisfaction Is Our Momentum.If they don’t work out for you for any reason then send it back to us for your full money back.
5. Making the Stand
A stand is what allows your target to remain in a position you want or require to practice archery.
- Take the two board pieces and place them, so they stay parallel to each another. This way, you’ll make a stand.
- Now, take the one-piece board foot-long board (2 x 4/1 ft.) on top of the two boards laid a few moments ago. Place the three pieces, so they form an “H” shape.
- Use your drill and screws to make sure the boards stay fastened and positioned properly.
6. Joining the Decoy with the Stand
Following the same way using your drill and screws (as you did for the boards) to fasten the 3D target.
- Place it in the middle of the stand (the decoy should be in the shape’s middle).
- Check if the target stays straight up.
- Also, check that the target remains steady as you start releasing arrows through it.
You’re Done! But, Keep These in Mind…
- You may use boards with higher length if you need your target to remain in a higher position.
- Apply foam spray as long as it takes the target to be able to stop the speedy arrows from piercing through or prevent any damage of the arrows.
- Don’t start shooting unless the foam coating gets dried thoroughly.
Congratulations! You’ve just learned how to make 3D archery targets. Go, start shooting at your new found DIY 3D archery target. By the way, don’t forget to shoot me a message if you think you want to share similar projects or need some more advice.