Bushnell Scout DX Rangefinder Review
- Jonathan L. Thomsen
- 1692 Views
Do you want to achieve fast and accurate results for both golf and hunting? If you have a special interest for a brand like Bushnell and want to be a sharp shooter or an avid golfer with Bushnell Scout DX Rangefinder, you can eliminate much of your hassles to make a buying decision by reading this Bushnell Scout DX Rangefinder review.
The genius shooters will Longtime fans of the Bushnell which will be an upgrade and impressive in its time. While the name “DX” suggests a couple of upgrades features as the best range finder actually of new improvements over its ancestor.
If you are serious about this highly admired rangefinder, our Bushnell Scout DX Rangefinder review will offer you what you really want to know about it.
Table of contents
01 Bushnell Scout DX Rangefinder Overview
The Bushnell Scout 1000 is a pocket-sized laser rangefinder that offers a 5 – 1000-yard range with a +/- 1-yard precision in 3 diverse targeting modes: Scan, Bullseye, and Brush. The Bushnell Scout DX Rangefinder provides compact and lightweight design along with high-quality visuals to its 5 by 24-millimeter multi-coated optics.
It comes with a hard construction, water resistance, diopter adjustment, roll-down eyecup, a handy tripod mount, and features the ARC method with built-in inclinometer so you can get accurate distance on downhill or uphill shots.
Bushnell claims it will range a deep target at 1,000-yards, trees to 650-yards and a deer at 325-yards. It has a 6x21mm monocular for inspecting and aiming, weight 13.6 ounces and takes up 5.5 x 5 x 3-inches of space. There are a Cardura case, neck strap, and CR2 battery contained in the box along with a cloth to clear the instructions and clean the lens.
The ABS case has adequate non-slip surfaces to help users grip it securely, and there is a tripod hole if you want to have it in a stable position for some time. At this stage of our Bushnell Scout DX Rangefinder review, we will talk about the design of the rangefinder.
The Scout DX 1000 is a smooth and compact equipment that shares a similarity to the high-end G-Force 13000-series from the identical manufacturer. In addition, the best range finder has rubber armoring which provide a smooth and certain grip even when things get wet.
In fact, the Scout is fully water and fog proof which has a massive advantage out in the field. The Scout DX Rangefinder also has a flexible tripod mount that is placed into the bottom of the rangefinder.
|Product Dimensions||6 x 5 x 3 inches|
|BatteryType||3-Volt CR2 (incl.)|
|Rangefinder Accuracy||.5 yds|
|Item model number||202355|
03 Feature Analysis
3.1 Targeting Modes
The Bushnell Scout DX Rangefinder will help you to pick from 3 different user modes by pressing the “Mode” button at the left side of the unit. First is the usual mode which can be used for most purposes up to 1000 meters and works well towards the pretty reflective surface.
By pressing and holding down the power switch on this DX mode, you will be capable of getting updated with the box distances. Subsequent is the “Bullseye” mode which is ideal for ranging aims unintentionally measuring the background distances.
If it acquires a couple of objects, the closer of the 2 will be displayed at the LCD display of the tool. The third is the “brush” mode, which works the foreground together with tree branches, boulders, and brushes while informing you with distances of background gadgets only.
3.2 Optics and Magnification
The 5x magnification delivered by the Bushnell Scout 1000 Laser Rangefinder is a great distance, working perfectly with the rapid-response focus regulator. Its ranging can work well in low light but still works well in bright situations.
Users can enjoy a high-quality satisfaction to the 5 by 24mm fully-multicoated optics of the rangefinder. The multi-coated optics come with the Rain Guard HD feature for consistent visibility which is one of the primary features discussed in our Bushnell Scout DX Rangefinder review.
As a high-quality laser rangefinder, the Scout 1000 Rangefinder does not drop short with its plus/minus 1 yard/meter. The maximum distance for most targets is around 650-yards while the deep ones can be ranged up to 1000-yards. This accuracy was one of the key points we did not forget while creating this Bushnell Scout DX Rangefinder review.
3.4 Comfortable Use
When turned on, the Scout 1000 Laser Rangefinder liquid crystal display (LCD) will directly display icons like the bow and rifle mode. The bow mode will provide you with true horizontal distances from 5 – 99yd away, depending on the angle. The rifle mode, however, will permit you to get the angle and drop/holdover of your shot to the target from 100 – 800yd.
The dimension gadgets can be modified the side mode button for toggling between meters and yards. After obtaining the range, simply release the power button and you are ready to set.
04 Pros & Cons
- Compact and durable plastic cover.
- Rubber armoring for additional protection and a comfortable grip for wet situations.
- Pocket-sized vertical configuration for the comfort of use with one hand.
- Light-weight design.
- Fully water and fog proof design.
- Can measure in yards.
- Threaded tripod mount formed into the base of the rangefinder.
- The range of 5-1000 yards.
- ARC provided by the built-in inclinometer.
- ARC mode together with bows and rifles.
- Features diverse targeting modes.
- Sometimes need a more expensive CR2 battery to operate.
- Lacks bright display technology.
05 Final Verdict
When you are playing golf or hunting, the Bushnell Scout DX 1000 ARC is a great device to use for both sports. Due to compact design and excellent features, the Bushnell Scout DX Rangefinder can be the best range finder for either rifle or bow hunting.
Also, this Bushnell Scout DX Rangefinder review has revealed the facts about a rangefinder that is ideal for new hunters and those looking for long-range shooting for a prolonged period of time. Now, it is time to identify the type of your desired uses. Happy buying!
Products You May Consider
- 【Healthier Lifestyle】 Y1 Smart fitness tracker accurately record your daily activity, track walking distance, calories burned, monitor your heart rate with comprehensive analysis. Takes only 2 hours to fully charge and lasts up to 5 days standby.
- 【Multifunctional Tracker】 Everything you need in a tiny tracker, 24 hours heart rate monitor, step counter, stopwatch, reminder, calories counter, sleep monitor, supports multiple sports modes: walk, run, hiking, cycling.
- 【Match Your Style Code: Multiple band color selections and super easy USB charging method, the easy-to-read bright and colorful LCD display fits your style code in every season.
- 【Wider Compatibility】 Supports a wide selection of Android and iOS mobile devices, install the App "JYouPro" in your phone and pair the device from it. Check your personal health data from the App.
- 【30 Days Money-back】 Your worry-free purchase with Akuti contains 30 days no reason money-back guarantee and 12 months replacement warranty. Get yours now by clicking "Add to Cart" button on the right.
Hot New Items
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay update!