Simmons Laser LRF 600 Rangefinder Review
- Jonathan L. Thomsen
- 1462 Views
Hunting and target shooting are two of the most thrilling sports with guns or bows. A rangefinder is one of the most crucial side-kicks of your weapon of choice. So, to shed some light on such a possible choice of such equipment, we present to you our Simmons Laser LRF 600 Rangefinder review. Popular among hunters and shooters on a tight budget, the Simmons Laser LRF 600 Rangefinder is a low-end rangefinder that has a decent view range and magnification capacity and can be much more comfortable and simpler to use.
Additionally, for a low-end rangefinder to be called ‘the best rangefinder’, the rangefinder should even use the materials that are low-cost. The Simmons laser rangefinder also uses batteries that are found more commonly and cheaper to buy. The look may not be as impressive as that of other competitors. But, durability and lightweight design compensate for the appearance of the product. Let's learn more about this rangefinder in our Simmons Laser LRF 600 Rangefinder review.
Table of contents
01 Simmons Laser LRF 600 Rangefinder Overview
In this Simmons Laser LRF 600 Rangefinder review, we will realize that the Simmons laser rangefinder is not a particularly feature-rich device. It may not come with a lot of bells and whistles. But, we believe it to be a winner for reasons like reliability and accuracy. What stands out about the Simmons laser rangefinder is that it has up to 600 yards of viewing range with a magnification of 4x, which is a feature any budget rangefinder can boast.
This rangefinder also uses laser technology to gather an accurate reading of the distance between the device and the target by calculating the time taken for each pulse of the laser to reflect back to the device. This mechanism enables the device to have close-to-accurate readings with a margin of error of 1 yard, give or take.
Furthermore, the rangefinder is also durable, with its body design being very grippy, and the device being waterproof. Moving on to further topics on our Simmons Laser LRF 600 Rangefinder review, we shall now have a more in-depth look at the rangefinder’s features.
|Product Dimensions||9 x 6.1 x 2.6 inches|
|Item model number||801408C|
|Total eye relief||20mm|
03 Feature Analysis
3.1 Laser-Accurate Reading
Using an infra-red laser light that is invisible and eye-safe, digital technology within the rangefinder calculates your distance from the target by calculating the time it takes for each pulse of the light to reflect back to the device.
This allows the rangefinder to read almost-perfect readings of distance, with small deviations of 1 yard, give or take. Plus, with the Tilt-Intelligence, a sort of angle compensation, adds more accuracy to the device.
3.2 The Optics
With a maximum view range of 600 yards and a magnification capacity of 4x with a fixed focus system, this rangefinder delivers crisp and vivid images of the target throughout its lowest to maximum range. With an eye relief at 20mm, the rangefinder offers a vast field of view for you. Additionally, its 320 feet at 1000 yards field of view gives you a generously broad look at your target, instead of giving you a tunnel vision.
However, it has no fully multicoated optics to gather light in the dark or low-lit environment.
3.3 LCD display
Featuring a square reticule in the middle of the LCD screen, the digital numbers show your distance from the target quite clearly, coming in black color. The battery reading is displayed on-screen as well.
3.4 Tough and Durable Body
Though it looks small, light and flimsy, the Simmons Laser LRF 600 Rangefinder is a rugged device. With ridges and stippling to give you a better grip. Besides, its O rings make it waterproof, allowing you to hunt or shoot even in rainfall.
04 Pros & Cons
- Crisp and vivid image
- Operates using a single button
- Very light and built to be waterproof and tough
- Solid accuracy with a margin of error of only +/- 1 yard
- Simple to use
- Not fog-proof
05 Final Verdict
As seen in our Simmons Laser LRF 600 Rangefinder review, the Simmons Laser LRF 600 Rangefinder hardly has a few minor negative points. It gives you readings of a significant range with a small margin of error, along with being exceptionally low-priced with and requiring only a single-click to start measuring the distance from the target. An essential hunting or target shooting equipment usable with rifles and bows.
In this review of ours, we hope that we have managed to give you a clearer idea of the Simmons laser rangefinder’s abilities. For those who expect to own the best range finder that is low-priced and low-end, yet have some magnificent features and is easy to use, this might be right for you.
Products You May Consider
- 【Healthier Lifestyle】 Y1 Smart fitness tracker accurately record your daily activity, track walking distance, calories burned, monitor your heart rate with comprehensive analysis. Takes only 2 hours to fully charge and lasts up to 5 days standby.
- 【Multifunctional Tracker】 Everything you need in a tiny tracker, 24 hours heart rate monitor, step counter, stopwatch, reminder, calories counter, sleep monitor, supports multiple sports modes: walk, run, hiking, cycling.
- 【Match Your Style Code: Multiple band color selections and super easy USB charging method, the easy-to-read bright and colorful LCD display fits your style code in every season.
- 【Wider Compatibility】 Supports a wide selection of Android and iOS mobile devices, install the App "JYouPro" in your phone and pair the device from it. Check your personal health data from the App.
- 【30 Days Money-back】 Your worry-free purchase with Akuti contains 30 days no reason money-back guarantee and 12 months replacement warranty. Get yours now by clicking "Add to Cart" button on the right.
Hot New Items
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay update!