Simmons Laser LRF 600 Rangefinder Review
- Jonathan L. Thomsen
- 1360 Views
Hunting and target shooting are two of the most thrilling sports with guns or bows. A rangefinder is one of the most crucial side-kicks of your weapon of choice. So, to shed some light on such a possible choice of such equipment, we present to you our Simmons Laser LRF 600 Rangefinder review. Popular among hunters and shooters on a tight budget, the Simmons Laser LRF 600 Rangefinder is a low-end rangefinder that has a decent view range and magnification capacity and can be much more comfortable and simpler to use.
Additionally, for a low-end rangefinder to be called ‘the best rangefinder’, the rangefinder should even use the materials that are low-cost. The Simmons laser rangefinder also uses batteries that are found more commonly and cheaper to buy. The look may not be as impressive as that of other competitors. But, durability and lightweight design compensate for the appearance of the product. Let's learn more about this rangefinder in our Simmons Laser LRF 600 Rangefinder review.
Table of contents
01 Simmons Laser LRF 600 Rangefinder Overview
In this Simmons Laser LRF 600 Rangefinder review, we will realize that the Simmons laser rangefinder is not a particularly feature-rich device. It may not come with a lot of bells and whistles. But, we believe it to be a winner for reasons like reliability and accuracy. What stands out about the Simmons laser rangefinder is that it has up to 600 yards of viewing range with a magnification of 4x, which is a feature any budget rangefinder can boast.
This rangefinder also uses laser technology to gather an accurate reading of the distance between the device and the target by calculating the time taken for each pulse of the laser to reflect back to the device. This mechanism enables the device to have close-to-accurate readings with a margin of error of 1 yard, give or take.
Furthermore, the rangefinder is also durable, with its body design being very grippy, and the device being waterproof. Moving on to further topics on our Simmons Laser LRF 600 Rangefinder review, we shall now have a more in-depth look at the rangefinder’s features.
|Product Dimensions||9 x 6.1 x 2.6 inches|
|Item model number||801408C|
|Total eye relief||20mm|
03 Feature Analysis
3.1 Laser-Accurate Reading
Using an infra-red laser light that is invisible and eye-safe, digital technology within the rangefinder calculates your distance from the target by calculating the time it takes for each pulse of the light to reflect back to the device.
This allows the rangefinder to read almost-perfect readings of distance, with small deviations of 1 yard, give or take. Plus, with the Tilt-Intelligence, a sort of angle compensation, adds more accuracy to the device.
3.2 The Optics
With a maximum view range of 600 yards and a magnification capacity of 4x with a fixed focus system, this rangefinder delivers crisp and vivid images of the target throughout its lowest to maximum range. With an eye relief at 20mm, the rangefinder offers a vast field of view for you. Additionally, its 320 feet at 1000 yards field of view gives you a generously broad look at your target, instead of giving you a tunnel vision.
However, it has no fully multicoated optics to gather light in the dark or low-lit environment.
3.3 LCD display
Featuring a square reticule in the middle of the LCD screen, the digital numbers show your distance from the target quite clearly, coming in black color. The battery reading is displayed on-screen as well.
3.4 Tough and Durable Body
Though it looks small, light and flimsy, the Simmons Laser LRF 600 Rangefinder is a rugged device. With ridges and stippling to give you a better grip. Besides, its O rings make it waterproof, allowing you to hunt or shoot even in rainfall.
04 Pros & Cons
- Crisp and vivid image
- Operates using a single button
- Very light and built to be waterproof and tough
- Solid accuracy with a margin of error of only +/- 1 yard
- Simple to use
- Not fog-proof
05 Final Verdict
As seen in our Simmons Laser LRF 600 Rangefinder review, the Simmons Laser LRF 600 Rangefinder hardly has a few minor negative points. It gives you readings of a significant range with a small margin of error, along with being exceptionally low-priced with and requiring only a single-click to start measuring the distance from the target. An essential hunting or target shooting equipment usable with rifles and bows.
In this review of ours, we hope that we have managed to give you a clearer idea of the Simmons laser rangefinder’s abilities. For those who expect to own the best range finder that is low-priced and low-end, yet have some magnificent features and is easy to use, this might be right for you.
Products You May Consider
- Super Safety: Soft rubber surrounded eyepieces are included for eye protection so children don't hurt their eyes or face. Other brands do not have this safety feature! There is extra coating surrounding the eyepieces compared to other brands and provides better protection of the lens during falls.
- Advanced Design: Non-slip scratch, the grip has been ergonomically patented designed to fit the hands of children. It is easy to focus, and they can adjust to adult eyes just as well as kid-sized eyes. The leaves of a tree 100 yards away came into sharp focus.
- Shock Proof: Durable binoculars that can withstand drops and falls on floors due to rubber coating that absorbs shock. If accidentally dropped on the ground, the binoculars are protected from damage with shock proof rubber armor. Other brands do not have this safety feature!
- Crystal Clear View: The FMC prism green coated optics system can control optical reflection to create crisp and colorful images. The product ensures the user can see the entire visual field for capturing objects easily whith 7.2° viewing angle. Multi-layer broadband coating technology, make you see the scene more realistic.
- Real Binoculars for Kids: This product has a super magnification of 8X with an amazing view. The binoculars can be adjusted to easily match the eye distance gap for each child. Great for bird watching, learning, hunting, theaters, boat rides, hiking, traveling and enjoying the wilderness!
- Perfect Compact Lightweight Binoculars For Bird Watching.Can be used for both day and night (low-light-level night vision,can't see anything in complete darkness)
- Large Field of View.Focusing in on your target for brilliant detail at 1000 yards out.
- Fully Multi-Coated Lenses, Waterproof, Hyper-Durable Anti-Slip Grip Gives You Everything You Want.Light-weight and can be folded, very convenient and easy to carry
- 10x magnification with 25 mm objective lens allows You to See Objects 10X's Closer with Clarity that Strikes Envy into the Heart of Your Bird Watching Friends
- Suitable for both adults and kids,fit for hunting, hiking, exploring,viewing,sailing,bird watching, concert, outdoor sports etc
Hot New Items
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay update!