Learn How to Use Halo Rangefinder
- Sarah J. Johnson
- 17, Jul, 2018
Halo Rangefinder is one of the most popular and convenient devices for the hunters and the golfers also. If you are a golfer, halo laser rangefinder is your best friend when you want to put the ball into the hole. Hunters also find a great use of the halo rangefinder when they want to measure the distance of their targets. Although a halo rangefinder is pretty easy to use, we will go through some general instructions to maximize the use of it.
How to Use Halo Rangefinder
Getting Started with Halo Rangefinder
Open the battery compartment cover on the back of your halo rangefinder by pulling up the tab and turning it to the left
Follow the arrows on the compartment door. They will match and now you can remove the cover.
After removing the battery compartment cover, insert a CR2 battery and make sure that the plus (+) is facing down.
Remember: the tabs of the halo rangefinder can only go in one way. So, when you close the battery compartment cover, align the arrows. Then push down the battery and turn the cover to the right.
For installing the lanyard strap, turn the rangefinder over to the bottom side and put in one end of the lanyard through the hole. Then insert the long end of lanyard through the small loop and pull the taught.
Identify the Power button and press it briefly for turning the unit on.
Now, you will see 1 of the 4 images on the LCD screen of your halo rangefinder depending on the previous setting.
For focusing the unit, identify the adjustable eyepiece and turn it to the left or to the right until the images you see are in focus.
How to Switch between Modes in Halo Rangefinder
- Normal Distance in Yards
- AI Distance in Yards
- Normal Distance in Meters
- AI Distance in Meters
Normal Distance in Yards
in this mode, you will only see the Line of Sight distance in yards. This mode will give you an accurate normal distance to the target.
AI Distance in Yards
in this mode, you will see the True Distance in yards and vertical angle. This mode compensates for the angle of incline or decline in terrain to give an accurate distance to the target.
Normal Distance in Meters
in this mode, you will only see the Line of Sight distance in meters. This mode will give you an accurate normal distance to the target.
AI Distance in Meters
in this mode, you will see the True Distance in meters and vertical angle. This mode compensates for the angle of incline or decline in terrain to give an accurate distance to the target.
Ranging with Halo Rangefinder
- Press the Power button not more than one time and start ranging.
- When you are ranging the distance of your target, the transmitting symbol will twinkle. After completing the ranging, the twinkling will stop and the result will be displayed on the screen of your halo rangefinder.
Note: If your target is out of range or a measurement could not be obtained the halo rangefinder will display “- – – -” on the screen.
How to Use the Scan Mode of the Halo Rangefinder
- For using the “Scan Mode”, you have to press and hold the Power button.
- Then you will see ‘scan’ on the screen.
- You will then see the measurements changing on the screen while you change the targets in scan mode.
- Release the power button to stop the Scan mode. This mode can be used in any of the 4 ranging modes.
How to Clean the Halo Rangefinder
- Your rangefinder is designed to power off automatically after 20 seconds of button inactivity.
- For cleaning the lenses, use the cleaning cloth that was in the box of your halo laser rangefinder. Keep a circular motion to clean the lenses with cleaning cloth.
- Using any cloth which is not soft can make a scratch on your lenses.
Halo rangefinder is a great device for targeting and ranging distant objects or animals. The Halo rangefinder is one of the best modern rangefinders that make all of your ranging purposes fulfilled with accuracy and precession.